Sign in to follow this  
megs8888

Enough of these Saitek Crappy Throttles

Can anyone recommend good quality throttles for NGX that actually sync and work with it, Im going to buy some these Saitek ones are crap. Dont mind buying expensive as long as they work and are plug and play preferably Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Can anyone recommend good quality throttles for NGX that actually sync and work with it, Im going to buy some these Saitek ones are crap. Dont mind buying expensive as long as they work and are plug and play preferably Wayne
Why are you going to buy some Saitek ones, if they are crap? :( (only joking, i know what u mean, really!). I can't answer your question as I have never bought any throttles :( ...but I think saitek throttles look crap, so they certainly wouldn't be on my xmas list... But being as you say expensive is ok, and you prefer plug and play...then maybe this is your perfect choice.http://www.throttletek.com/ Edited by Pilots Report

Well GregK has bought a TQ from SimQuads and he is very happy! I'm buying one myself from them soon. :-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

I have no problem at all with my siatek throttles. What is exactly your problem?Bert Van Bulck
A lot of people get control spiking. I had to clean the pots on mine to fix it after THREE YEARS USE. I think they've great considering how much I use them and how much I paid for them... So much so that I bought a second quadrant last year. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I ordered the throtletek 767 throttles 4 months ago and I am still waiting. They cost $1500. They are made 1 at a time - I think in someone's garage. Progress is slow and I paid 1/2 already. I have the PFC twin throtle with gear,flap reverse and speed brakes. They work great, but don't look realistic. They are all metal construction. They are not USB though and use a serial port connection. But I bet PFC has USB versions. The cost around 300-$500 depending on the type.See www.flypfc.com Jetmax has throttles coming out in March. I called them last week and they inproducton. The jetmax willalso set you back $1400. They look great. I chose the throtttle 767 as I fly the 767 more than the 737 and Inever heard of Jetman until a few weeks ago. If money is no object go with the Jetmax out of Canada. Otherwise go with PFC, If low budget, take mine for a few pennies.

Paul Gugliotta

A lot of people get control spiking. I had to clean the pots on mine to fix it after THREE YEARS USE. I think they've great considering how much I use them and how much I paid for them... So much so that I bought a second quadrant last year.
Agree, they are very cheap. I have 2 quadrants. I cut the piece to hold 4 throttles in 2 (comes with the separate throttle) and use the 4 middle throtlles in pairs of 2: gives i a heavier feeling.Bert Van Bulck

Have you tried the CH Throttle Quadrant?Great build quality, great response, reverser area on all 6 axes, 18 buttons total if you count the reverser buttons, and best of all cheap ($100) compared to the big money ones.

Edited by pmanhart

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I have 2 as well. They're fine. If you're up for it, take it apart and clean them. Then get some lube (some type of grease but forget the nametype at the moment). The yoke also has a lot that can be done to it to make it great. Even add force feedback if you want. I look at it like I do FSX. FSX with nothing (no addons or tweaks) would bring tears to my eyes. This is no different. TWEAK IT! :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Have you tried the CH Throttle Quadrant?Great build quality, great response, reverser area on all 6 axes, 18 buttons total if you count the reverser buttons, and best of all cheap ($100) compared to the big money ones.
On that one, I don't agree. I think these are crap. I've replaced them with the saitek ones :)Bert Van Bulck

For what it is worth and many will back me up. If you are a recreational 'simmer' and perhaps even fly the occasional DCS-A10 then you just cannot beat a TM HOTAS Warthog combo. They are all metal construction and the axis are optical. It is the smoothest, most accurate control system available and the independent throttles even have a 'reverse' position. The other multi-position buttons and switches are just fabulous for views and bringing up CDU etc. analogue flap control, lights, TOGA, AP, Park brakes plus so much more all professional quality. If you were keen you could replace a few with rotaries and with appropriate interfacing (another eg. phidgets card inside you could come up with a tailored solution. If you are only interested in NGX then as the overlays are removable it would be possible to label them for airliner operation. I can't sing it's praises loud enough...but if you have to have a yoke then you are back to square one.Andrew Vincent

Hi Bert I can't get them to Sync at all with the NGX then as a result my AT disconnects all the time it's just all over the place. I use fsuipc reg version, still no good.Thanks Andrew need a yoke. :)I've modded the Yoke Dan, with Kens Mod I think it was very nice now just these damn throttles. Got a day off today gonna have a play.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

CH Throttles are much higher quality than the crappy Saitek ones...

well the first course of action I would recommend is to change the axis you use the throttle for. I have long since changed from left to center axis, and it helped a lot, although... well I need to clean it proper, or get a replacement set.