Sign in to follow this  
megs8888

Enough of these Saitek Crappy Throttles

... just these damn throttles.
I use FSUIPC also and just be sure you're setting them up with the correct in and out points for you. That will be in the calibration section. I use both FSUIPC and FSX controls via the xml to set perfect working reversers for my saitek. The only issue I have with the saitek ones are an issue I remember reading about it being fsuipc (yep, read that from pete!). What happens is if you have say 4 throttles going for something like the 744. Certain axis's will cause other non moving axis to be shown as moving, or those engines producing thrust. If I peg out 1, 2 & 3 and don't touch #4 in other words, it will show #4 as 50%, but #4 by itself has no issue. The reason I originally took them apart and cleaned, and greased them was just to fix that bug. It didn't. I haven't touched the queen in ages or looked to see if that's been fixed yet so will have to look that up again. I know I still have that issue, but maybe someone found a fix.On the CH thorttles being better thing, the only CH throtte that I ever saw was the ones attached to their yoke. No thanks, my saiteks are a quantum leap above that. I will say though that I highly prefer the CH pedals over Saiteks. I don't know if either of them made anything new in the past couple years (been busy), but everything I'm talking about here for Saitek and CH is based on 3 years ago when I first got the Saiteks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks I basically have two brand new Saitek quadrants I actually put a few rubber bands around them today to keep them together works better, AT still disconnects some times though not sure why this is? Would I be better of setting them one across which will mean I am using THR 1 on the 1st quadrant, and THR 2 as the 1st lever of the second quadrant? I'll give it a go can't hurt to try.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I'm not sure I follow. You put rubber bands around what? The leverls themselves, or the actual quadrants? I don't like to keep them together since I fly everything with FSP and could get an engine failure which would need me to then throttle that engine down. I also prefer to taxi alternating thrust, so a right turn would be left engine, etc. They will never be to the point that they're exact, so to get the same thrust in each you'll always have to have one slightly higher than the other. You can adjust for that of course, but so many factors could change it over time.I wouldn't use one for throttle per quadrant either, unless they were butted up against each other (the normal way) and you were talking about axis lever 3 on the 1st quadrant and 1 on the second. That too would be odd for me, but if it works, it works. I can't speak for all of them of course, since line noise may be different in each and every model of any throttle this cheap. For me though, I have the two butted together, Axis 1,2, 3, 4 are my throttles, 6 is Flaps. Depending on the aircraft the later throttles I have set up different, like for the J41 the #3 and #4 are for my condition levers, but for throttles, they all pretty much stay 1 & 2. If they're realllly bugging out and that far off, then I would just flip the quadrants around, so quadrant #2 is moved to the right. In any case though, do whatever you need to, but these won't keep exact thrust. After I tweaked mine to death I got them much better, then over time they started getting worse again. I just adjusted and the way I grab them compensates.Oh, also, at first I hated to have to look down to watch each engine's thrust to keep them aligned, but then realized it was so much simpler going by feel. If I start drifting to the left, I just add a nudge of left throttle (beyond normal steering conditions with the nose wheel I mean here). That may sound like work but it's automatic and the little added effort makes the normal boring takeoff more involved (sorry but takeoffs <yawn>, I prefer landings).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Yeah basically this is what has just happened I took off hit toga after 40% N1 throttles went forward nicely on auto then half way down the runway throttle one flicks back to idle on it own!!!!! Any ideas. Geez it's frustrating when you spend close to 8,000 for everything and it doesn't work properly . :)

Wayne HART

Wayne, try these... - less than a thousand dollars and full plug n play..http://simquads.com/view-our-products/detail/7-quadrants/flypage/46-737-ng-quadrant.html?sef=hcfp.or this guy makes custom extensions for the Saitek quadrant - hes talking 90 euros delivered. Reports from other users are favourable. I've also discussed with the guy that he should make a set to fit the three lever standard quadrant - with the middle lever looking like two thrust levers. He's looking at it. Drop him a line.

http://flightsimpm.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2818429#Drew

It sounds like it's just a bad unit or losing power or something. A short maybe? If you have your hands on them and do something like push them forward when they're already at the very top, it will make their contact points move and you can produce it every time, so if it isn't being touched when it does that, then somethings screwy. Putting pressure of any kind though can have mixed results, often with what you're describing though. The grease helps if you take them apart. You might even see something simple like some cat hair or something floating around in there ;)

Dan Prunier

Can anyone recommend good quality throttles for NGX that actually sync and work with it, Im going to buy some these Saitek ones are crap. Dont mind buying expensive as long as they work and are plug and play preferably Wayne
I use Saitek with FSUIPC controlling (no axis assignments in MSFS) my throttles, buttons, reverse thrust .. all is in sync and works well.I also use FSUIPC to control my Pro Pedals, Saitek Yoke/buttons/gear/trim/TOGA A/T/ park brake /flaps no problems ... very smooth.All (FS9/FSX) my single props (default MSFS Cessna), twin props (default MSFS Baron/RealAir Duke), twin jets (LevelD/PMDG). Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Cheers Drew I'll check it out. Baffled though as the saiteks are 6 months old and have had hardly any useHi Vonmar do you have any screenshots of your throttle settings at all maybe it's me LOL I've tried configuring everything, I had a mini win tonight flew EGKK to EHAM and AT cutout only once.

Edited by megs8888

Wayne HART

Ha got a dog maybe that's what it is that would be a laugh, I'll open them up tomorrow but hopefully Vonmar can assist with some screenies, would it be worth resetting the profile and starting again? If so how do I reset fsuipc to do that ? Cheers for you help,too.

Edited by megs8888

Wayne HART

I use Saitek with FSUIPC controlling (no axis assignments in MSFS) my throttles, buttons, reverse thrust .. all is in sync and works well.I also use FSUIPC to control my Pro Pedals, Saitek Yoke/buttons/gear/trim/TOGA A/T/ park brake /flaps no problems ... very smooth.
+1Btw, up until Christmas, I'd been using a CH yoke, but got to really dislike it due to its constant need for re-calibrating, never being able to stop it from sticking and those rather awful looking throttle et al conrols 'stuck' on the top.I'm very impressed with its Saitek replacement which is more than up to the task of controlling the NGX.RegardsGary