Sign in to follow this  
chris41

Purchased EZ scenery-looking for a texture

I purchased ez scenery for fs9 some time ago. I've noticed with some scenery addons (mostly those who use other than ez scenery for their airports) that there might be a marshalling system/ramp worker and/or guides (those that stand and walk at the wingtips while an aircraft is taxing into a gate or being pushedback to the ramp). I was wondering if anyone out there who uses ez scenery has any of these types of textures that I might get and add to my scenery. I've searched and havn't been able to find anything that has been uploaded to any flight sim sites. If anyone has created anything like these for their scenery but has not uploaded them I would be grateful to have them if willing to share.Thanks,Chris PorterPS: I do not upload scenery onto any of the flightsim sites because I often add directly to other authors scenery addons which they have uploaded to sites for all to download (all of which are very well done but hey, we all have particular tastes/preferences) and realize that by changing/adding then uploading the changes to flightsim sites is illegal and not liked. By the way many thanks to all those who create and upload scenery for others like myself to have. I know how difficult and often tedious it can be to create or modify scenery. Without your work I would be spending countless more hours recreating fs9 default airports, extra time which my wife would not let me have.

PS: I do not upload scenery onto any of the flightsim sites because I often add directly to other authors scenery addons which they have uploaded to sites for all to download (all of which are very well done but hey, we all have particular tastes/preferences) and realize that by changing/adding then uploading the changes to flightsim sites is illegal and not liked.
Do you mean that you are decompiling the scenery file and then adding your stuff? Why not just create your own scenery file? There's nothing wrong with enhancing somebodys scenery with some additions of your own choosing. As long as you are just uploading your own scenery parts you should be ok. What really irks me is when people make a small change to an AFCAD and then reupload the entire project as if it were thier own.I think you're ok as long as you only upload what you have created.

If you want to add a static object using e-z scenery there are people library objects available. An animated object is something different some times as part of an aircraft model (like a pushback tow unit) or an ai type model that is spawned and has its position tied to the aircraft.Some AES supported airports have this but note that you must use specific gates for this. I'd ask in the scenery design forum here.

If you want to add a static object using e-z scenery there are people library objects available. An animated object is something different some times as part of an aircraft model (like a pushback tow unit) or an ai type model that is spawned and has its position tied to the aircraft.Some AES supported airports have this but note that you must use specific gates for this. I'd ask in the scenery design forum here.
Animations would be nice but just to have the static images to add would be enough. I have looked at the different people objects but other than mechanics and pilots I have yet to find a marsheler or guide.

Do you mean that you are decompiling the scenery file and then adding your stuff? Why not just create your own scenery file? There's nothing wrong with enhancing somebodys scenery with some additions of your own choosing. As long as you are just uploading your own scenery parts you should be ok. What really irks me is when people make a small change to an AFCAD and then reupload the entire project as if it were thier own.I think you're ok as long as you only upload what you have created.
Sorry, yes. I always enhance scenery created by other authors. The reasons I don't often create my own scenery is that I find for the most part that others scenery are already done very well. I worked at PANC for a couple years at LSG SkyChefs which is a catering company for a great many airports in the world and based on experience of what I've seen of how things are positioned as a aircraft is approaching a gate I like to place objects in those positions. Examples of what I have done are attached to this posting (thanks to the original scenery authors). Another reason is that I don't know how to create static objects like most scenery creators do which closely resemble what is actually at a particular airport (terminals for example). I once downloaded and tried going over how to create but ended up just getting confused.