Sign in to follow this  
_vti

Reality XP crash to desktop

So Im loving this plane so far! Absolutely excellent work by Carenado here!The plane runs flawlessly but one issue; when I want to use Reality XP's GNS 530W (installed via the CAR.XP exe) I cannot load the plane up, FSX just crashes and outputs "rxpGNS Failed to open GNS Simulation" a few times in the rxpGnsSim log.Im stumped here. Ive gotten the plane back up and running by reinstalling it again and leaving CARXP exe alone so Im stuck with the Carenado GNS.Anyone have any insight to this? I adore the GNS530W, I hate not using it!Cheers!Gordon

You may go to my documents (no, yours!) rxpGnsSimNonvol and delete the MEM files you see there. This should help if you are seeing the rather common CTD cause of corrupted files.Don't ask me why and how they get corrupted, but you can cure this if you delete them as they'll get rebuild then.

Copy the rxpgns.ini file from one of the planes that works, to the Malibu airplane folder.

Bert

Thanks for the replies guys. I had the same issue with RealAir's Duke Turbine but I *somehow* resolved that issue. Its funny the same CTD occurred with the PA46TI tried to clear out the Novol folder to no success this morning. There are no files in there ( I guess naturally since I keep CTD'ing )RXP seem to be absolutely woefull for support as I was trying to research this "rxpGNS Failed to open GNS Simulation", but it seems every thread has somebody jacking it with some other issue and everybody applies their ADHD, including the Devs lol *sigh*Anyways, /Rant...Ill try to copy the rxpgns.ini file right now

Moving the .ini file didnt workJetProp has two Panel folders one panel.cfg, with a bunch of .cfg files in there and the other Panel folder that resembles a regular folder. The regular Panel folder has RXPSTACK but no rxpgns.ini file to overwrite..Man Im so stumped lol!

You only want one rxpgns.ini file per aircraft.Put it in the aircraft folder (that is where the RXP configurator expects it) or in the regular panel folder,but not both.

Bert

Ok Ive done that and still get a CTD..Ive uninstalled and reinstalled both softwares a few times now, making sure every folder both installations were deleted and it still happens, so corruption is very unlikely.What makes me scratch my head harder is that both the B60 Piston and B60 Turbine work fine with the 530 :-/

Edited by _vti

Have you install a recent version of FSUIPC by any chance?, when I did that a few weeks ago my RXP 530 would no longer load into any of my aircraft. I had to go back to an earlier version 4.60. Although it didn't cause a CTD, just would not load the RXP 530, just a thought?Martin

This is what is my rxpgns.ini file for the Malibu.If you have a non-standard location for the Trainer, there needs to be a filled in "trainer=" line.[GNS530]Popup=10020AutoPilotMode=2Radios=1LinkCdiKey=OnAutoApproach=OffLinkToVor=OnAutoCourse=OnLcdStyle=offAutoWidth=500AutoHeight=360Trainer=NoKeyClick=OffDisableRxTx=OffAutoPowerOn=OnGndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off

Bert

Also try this...start from the standard panel and edit the panel.cfg file (in the panel folder) by hand.Do not touch the panel.cfg folder!In the panel.cfg file, change Window05 by removing the ; in the rxpgns530 line.Save the file and load the airplane. Does that crash FSX?If not, hit shift-6 and see if it displays the RXP 530W.Lastly, go look in the rxpgns.dll.log file in your Documents folder and see what info it contains.

Bert

Ok Ive tried editing the panel.cfg to no availThe only thing that RXP has ever output to the RXPGnsSim log file is "rxpGNS Failed to open GNS Simulation" many times.Again, the Carenado GNS works fine but as soon as I touch the CAR.XP exe I get the CTD. So, it appears the connection between the PA46T and RXP is the problem, not the reality xp installation, as proven by it working on other aircraft.

Edited by _vti

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out so far. That MEM file thingy really is a standard with the RXPs, though I don't know about the actual cause.From memory, there were some other folks with CTD errors on the later Carenado planes with the 3D model RXP option. Maybe some of the other threads can help you. Namely in the A36 and C337 sections.

Edited by CoolP

Don't use the CARXP option, try doing it by hand as I suggested above..Do you have your Garmin trainer in a non-standard location, by any chance?

Bert