Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

MD-10 possible?

While I was surprised when PMDG took that route with the 747-800 we should all remember PMDG are a for profit company. My issue with some company's is how they spend those profits, since the -800 we have the NGX and work is being done on the 777If releasing expansion packs like that helps them fund future products I would be happy to contribute.

Rob Prest

BrantonPMDG got me hook, line, and sinker on that one. Sounds like something Captain Sim would do.Michael
Michael,I very much resent the implication in your tone here that we're tricking people into thinking it's a full 747-8 sim or something like that - it's very clearly labeled a "Model Extension" and this warning sits at the bottom of the purchase page:*Note:

This product is a visual model extension that uses the underlying PMDG 747-400X simulation for the flight, cockpit and systems models. This product is not intended to simulate the difference in flight characteristics between the 747-400 and the 747-8. This product allows the user to add a high fidelity visual model of the 747-8 to their Flight Simulator X experience.

If you failed to read these things and still bought it anyway, that is your own fault, not ours. We've made it very clear what the product is on the site and it was discussed to death on the forum too prior to release.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Michael,I very much resent the implication in your tone here that we're tricking people into thinking it's a full 747-8 sim or something like that - it's very clearly labeled a "Model Extension" and this warning sits at the bottom of the purchase page:*Note:

This product is a visual model extension that uses the underlying PMDG 747-400X simulation for the flight, cockpit and systems models. This product is not intended to simulate the difference in flight characteristics between the 747-400 and the 747-8. This product allows the user to add a high fidelity visual model of the 747-8 to their Flight Simulator X experience.

If you failed to read these things and still bought it anyway, that is your own fault, not ours. We've made it very clear what the product is on the site and it was discussed to death on the forum too prior to release.

RyanYou have your opinon and I have mine. It was two years ago so who cares?Michael

While I was surprised when PMDG took that route with the 747-800 we should all remember PMDG are a for profit company.My issue with some company's is how they spend those profits, since the -800 we have the NGX and work is being done on the 777If releasing expansion packs like that helps them fund future products I would be happy to contribute.
That's exactly why I bought the 747-8 too,

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020