Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

deleted my fsx.cfg to rebuild it and all my pmdg liveries are gone

Hello,In order to re-optimize my performance I deleted my old fsx config file. I problem is that all my pmdg liveries disapeared (all though they are still visible for example in the NGX livery manager). Any idea how to restore them ?Thanks a lotKarim

No idea why that would happen persnally. The fsx.cfg never effected aircraft for me so I'll let someone else pip in on that one. I'm just tossing a comment on how you went about doing it and advice not to do it that way again. You should never "delete it" like others might tell you. You should either move it somewhere else or simply rename it. You not only deleted it but also emptied your recycle bin?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hello Karim,I can't see how deleting this file could cause a livery issue as they are not saved there.Just run the livery manager again,(with admin rights), and if they show as present then remove them before adding them again.As Dan advised, if you didn't empty your recycle bin,you could restore the fs.cfg from there,and see if the liveries returned.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Put a check in "show all variations"

It's always the easy stuff that we overlook!Just remember that the cfg is where fsx keeps all your settings like that. Deleting it will reset them to default so it's always a good idea to browse through & confirm everything is set the way you want. Your AA & AF settings will have changed too, by the way.

It's always the easy stuff that we overlook!
Ain't that the truth. Just the other day I was robbed by a sweet old lady on a motorized cart,,, and I didn't even see it coming.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier