Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

FSX vs. X-Plane

Oh jeese, where's that dead horse icon again?
I think we've moved on to beating the spot where the dead horse used to lay. :(

Here's an honest opinion from a real world pilot: X-plane's UI is horrid. That's as far as I got!Seriously. Let this poor horsey rest.beat_dead_horse2.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Animation ftw!189008.gif

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks guys - now off to the X-Plane forum to see how they responded.RH
Trip trap trip trap

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

Hi,My guess is................Wait for it............................You want soup ..............All kidding aside, the two main reasons I do not like XPlane10 is the Plausible World aspect as well as the lack of third party support from some of the major third party addon developers.
I think that FSX is spicy Thai prawn soup with croutons.. Delicious :Whistle:RegardsBill

I think that FSX is spicy Thai prawn soup with croutons.. Delicious :Whistle:RegardsBill
Croutons?In my spicy Thai prawn soup?Heathen :(

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

I tried the XPX demo with an open mind. I found I actually get far better performance in FSX loaded up with add ons than I do in the XPX demo. That alone was enough reason for me to stop trying it. I didn't like the scenery either, it feels a bit like flying over a creation in SimCity. The shadows are nice, as well as the built in HDR effects, but at too much cost to performance. Plus they still haven't done away with the confusing and messy UI from XP9. I'm sure it will get better, as they're pushing new builds of it continuously, but right now i'm happy where I am!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I tried the XPX demo with an open mind. I found I actually get far better performance in FSX loaded up with add ons than I do in the XPX demo. That alone was enough reason for me to stop trying it. I didn't like the scenery either, it feels a bit like flying over a creation in SimCity. The shadows are nice, as well as the built in HDR effects, but at too much cost to performance. Plus they still haven't done away with the confusing and messy UI from XP9. I'm sure it will get better, as they're pushing new builds of it continuously, but right now i'm happy where I am!
I had the same results and UI impression. The FPS issue may be due to XPlane using OpenGL instead of DirectX as used by FSX. Not all video cards do well with OpenGL.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Bought XP9 a while back. Loved the mesh accuracy - much better than FSX. Night lighting also appeared more realistic. Tried XPX - awful framerates and poor scenery.Flight Dynamics? Nothing like the real thing despite their claims. FSX owns in that respect. We're continuing to use FSX for new PPL students.RegardsAdam