Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobbieHe

X-Plane vs. FSX

I never have crashes or problems with my current up to date hardware in FSX.I just let my configuration file (fsx.cfg) get tuned by 'Bojote's FSX configurator' and FSX now runs like a runaway train.
I just recently did this, after reading about it in all these X-plane vs. FSX fourms and WOW, dose FSX run better. It's like night and day.
If you wish to experience rather nasty icing stall effects simply load up a location with snotty real world weather-try CYBD or PANT....scenic stuff there...and try a climb into IMC. See if you can recover before crashing as the ice starts building up.Enjoy!
This is just the sort of thing I like to do. I didn't know X-plane had a good Ice simulation.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is just the sort of thing I like to do. I didn't know X-plane had a good Ice simulation.
I don't know if it's "good"....but it certainly can be insidiously dramatic! Certain aircraft among my payware collection actually show the ice on the wing leading edges and the boots etc do work. I even have one model where the dang windscreen ices over if you neglect to switch on the heater.The sim totally reinforces that taking a VFR flight into IMC=BAD.