Sign in to follow this  
Jen

NGX 737 Livery problem

I recently purchased the NGX and I'm having a little difficulty getting an American Airlines livery into FSX. I have downloaded the PMDG_737NGX_800WL_AA.ptp and it resides in my WIndows7 Library/Documents or my Documents library. Where do I unzip it to? When I use the PMDG Livery Manager nothing appears in the 'Installed Aircraft Variants' to select the American Airlines aircraft. What I'm I doing wrong. Can I unzip it to my 'Aircraft folder in FSX or something? I downloaded the intitial 737NGX software into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Any ideas would be appreciated.Regards,jen noulet

Hey Jen, Un-Zip it anywhere you want. The key is remembering where you did. You then use the livery manager to browse to whereever you unzipped it. You won't see an option for it, you need to click "Slect Livery to install". Then browse to your ptp file (unzipped) and enjoy the ride. It installs very fast so trust that it's there. Once you do it, you can then click on the 800WL on the left hand side and you should see it in the list on the right.Edit: You can delete the ptp file right after you install it. All it is, is a compressed version of what you installed (everything crammed in compressed file). It means nothing after you installed it. Next time you install FSX, don't install it in the C:Program Files (x86) folder. Don't install anything there actually. You might as well get use to running everything as administrator via right click meny option. Just make a mental note for next time and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Edited by Turbine777

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Just unzip it to a Temp Directory and then point the livery manager to that File after you click on the Version you want to install IE 800NGX WL in this case Click on Select Livery to install, another window opens up and then Highlight the .ptp file in the Directory you unzipped it to and all should be fine.

Gents,Please excuse my ignorance about utilizing WinZip. I just recently purchased a version of Winzip which was version 16...I believe... and I'm not too familiar on how to use it. But let me start out from the beginning: I initially went to the PMDG site and wanted to download the American airlines 800 with winglets and was prompted to either open or save the file. Can somebody tell me what I should do in simple stages as this is totally new to me.Should I open or save it etc. etc. Sorry for my lack of understanding this process.Regards again,jen noulet

Jen, don't bother with win zip. Just right click the zip file you downloaded and choose "Extract all". Then hit enter and you should now be able to follow the other steps mentioned above.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thank you Marty and Dan for your help. Much appreciated. :( Regards,jen noulet

You didn't need to purchase WinZip btw... Windows has native support for zip files. There's also good freeware apps like 7zip that can do everything WinZip does too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Oh no!!....Let me explain what I just did first. The PMDG_7437NGX_800WL_AA.ptp is located in: My computer>OS(C:)>Public>Public Documents>My Projects It is PTP File and is 18707 KBI right clicked on it and got the following options: Open, Scan, Share with, WInZip, Restore previous versions, Send to:, Cut, Copy, Create shortcut, Delete, Rename, & PropertiesThere was no 'Extract all' option to click. I'm I missing a piece of the puzzle....Probably my brain!! I'm totally lost on this one. Any more ideas? Sorry once again.Regards,jen noulet

If you already have .ptp file, that means you already have the livery unzipped-extracted. Now you need to continue with PMDG livery manager as Dan described in post #2.

One of the key points Jen mentions that was not covered in the replies here is: "When I use the PMDG Livery Manager nothing appears in the 'Installed Aircraft Variants'".I am sadly having the same problem to be honest. Hate bothering people and pulling them from their valuable sim time but I have run out of options myself.Wanted to install one of the liveries available. I did all the steps I have seen in the posts here (official posts)... Now when I run the livery manager I have no variants showing on the left hand box.When I do select the new livery file that is on my desktop (from the unzipped file), it simply tells me "that variant is not installed"...Any way to get the Variants to show again on the left hand side box? Shor to reinstalling?I an using "as admin" ...Thanks to anyone that can help.Peter

Edited by fdspcos