Sign in to follow this  
bariboy16

Fatal Error

Whenever I load up my 737 NGX I get a fatal error. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 737 (not FSX), and installed SP1b. I am running windows 7 64 Bit. Help please, I want to be able to fly my favorite bird more!

Whenever I load up my 737 NGX I get a fatal error. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 737 (not FSX), and installed SP1b. I am running windows 7 64 Bit. Help please, I want to be able to fly my favorite bird more!
I'm going to have to ask for more info and to reiterate what you said to be sure I understand.Only when you load the NGX? Have you tried other payware PMDG aircraft? (very important)Is your FSX installed in the default location? (hopefully not ;)If yes to the one above, after you installed it and loaded it up, did you get the normal "Trusted" messages for the NGX's .dll's? (this is also very important)Check your FSX.cfg for the following entries under the "Trusted section"
  • PMDGEvents
  • PMDG_HUD_interface
  • PMDGOptions
  • PMDGSounds (Not sure this one was needed for the NGX, but if you have more than the NGX it should be there)

PS. I saw your sig just now and I'm here in KBOS and looking for work! :)Hook up a fellow simmer and I'll give you half of whatever I make (yes, it's that bad). :(

Edited by Turbine777

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I think you mean you reinstalled 737NGX but did not reinstall FSX. Did you run the installer with admin rights? What does the fatal error say, hopefully something more useful than windows had an error in fsx.exe.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry about the late reply.

Only when you load the NGX? Have you tried other payware PMDG aircraft? (very important)
The NGX is my only PMDG plane. :(
Is your FSX installed in the default location?
Yes, it is. (I know, I'm bad)
If yes to the one above, after you installed it and loaded it up, did you get the normal "Trusted" messages for the NGX's .dll's?
If you mean the, do you trust this software, than yes.
What does the fatal error say, hopefully something more useful than windows had an error in fsx.exe.
That is exactly what it says....

The NGX is my only PMDG plane. :(
What about your default? Is your default flight the NGX? In other words when you start FSX and it stops on the main page, what aircraft shows in the aircraft window? You do not want it to be the NGX. Normally it causes other issues for most people and not even all the time, but the problem is files get corrupts and trying to load it, after FSX thinks it already did can cause many many issues like you're seeing.How about just other aircraft in general? Try the standard 737 default, or a C-172.
Yes, it is. (I know, I'm bad)
Well, a lesson learned I guess, so like I tell my kids. "Don't worry, you'll get it. And in about 2 or 3 weeks, I'll sit down, untie you, and let you eat again"
That is exactly what it says....
It can say that and still sometime give details of the issue. Not much, but enough to differenciate one issue over the other. This is also rare but worth checking out the details more. It's worth a shot. Rather than make a long story,, longer, just go back to the event logs, application, find the error, double click on it so a window opens and click the "Copy" button. Then paste it here.The original uninstall also might not have been successful and you could have tainted files somewhere causing these issues (like in your my documents comes to mind).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

You can find the solution here...http://forum.avsim.net/topic/359575-fatal-errors/page__fromsearch__1

Burak Tuncel - Eskisehir, TURKEY

Core i7-2600K, ASUS P8P67 EVO, G-Skill JiprawsX DDR3 - 1600 Mhz, 2x4GB, WD Cavier Black 1 TB, n-Vidia GTX460 - GIGABYTE, HAF-932, SAPPHIRE Pure 625 W 80+

Check your FSX.cfg for the following entries under the "Trusted section"
  • PMDGEvents
  • PMDG_HUD_interface
  • PMDGOptions
  • PMDGSounds (Not sure this one was needed for the NGX, but if you have more than the NGX it should be there

Just FYI here - HUD_interface is the only one the NGX uses - the other three are for the 747 and MD-11.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan, good to know. I wasn't sure on that one.

Dan Prunier

You can find the solution here...http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1
I just tried that, didnt work.
Check your FSX.cfg for the following entries under the "Trusted section"PMDGEventsPMDG_HUD_interfacePMDGOptionsPMDGSounds (Not sure this one was needed for the NGX, but if you have more than the NGX it should be there)
I have no idea where the FSX cfg is, help anyone?Also, its not when I load FSX with the NGX, it is when I just select the NGX as my aircraft, the cursor goes to the cursor you get when you mouse over somthing in the NGX, than FSX freezes and it says, Microsoft Flight simulator is re-starting.

You still troubleshooting that one? What did pmdg support suggest in response to your trouble ticket?

Dan Downs KCRP

The fsx.cfg is in "C:UsersDanAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX" for me. For you it will be in the same spot but under whatever user name you are logged in under (so replace "Dan").You must have your folder options set to view hidden folders. You do this by opening windows control panel and choosing "Folder Options", then the view tab. You'll see a bullet to check for "Show hidden folders".I would just move your fsx.cfg from that folder temporarily to your desktop, then launch FSX. If it still doesn't work after trying that, then close FSX and replace the file and my last suggestion on this would be to reinstall the NGX. Maybe you got a corrupt SP1b or something. I also would recommend opening a ticket on this, but if you haven't heard anything back on an older ticket, be sure to check their website since some of us don't get an auto responce and I've found they have updated tickets the hard way.

Dan Prunier

West Wind, if you don't start signing your name to your posts per the forum rules, this thread is going to be deleted - thank you.Have you submitted a ticket on this issue? I don't recall seeing one on this issue this week.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Another strange thing I noticed, is that if you have a flap axis assigned like I do on my saitek throttles, having the flap handle on the saitek in any position other than UP will cause the sim to crash once you click the FLY NOW button. You have no idea how long it took me to figure this out, one day I thought I was going to rip my hair out, now I just make sure the flap handle is fully up.

Edited by Angelo Cosma

West Wind, if you don't start signing your name to your posts per the forum rules, this thread is going to be deleted - thank you.Have you submitted a ticket on this issue? I don't recall seeing one on this issue this week.
Sorry, and yes I did. I got a relply however none of it proved useful.
Another strange thing I noticed, is that if you have a flap axis assigned like I do on my saitek throttles, having the flap handle on the saitek in any position other than UP will cause the sim to crash once you click the FLY NOW button. You have no idea how long it took me to figure this out, one day I thought I was going to rip my hair out, now I just make sure the flap handle is fully up.
I will definatly have to try that because I have the flaps assigned to my Saitek throttle as well. :(