Sign in to follow this  
skip d

nav log causing ctd

hi guys....first time poster here cause this has never been an issue. I've had fsx gold for over a year with no problems. All of a sudden,I'm getting this. i create a flightplan and it places me on the runway. When i open the NavLog popup (the "check" sign on the panel) and click on anything else(Ref;Briefing;Messages:etc) it's ok. But when I click on Nav Log----Crash.I copied the Event Viewer and have it attatched. Hope I can get some advice. Thanks. Skip dVista 64;4gb ram;Nvidia 460;Saitek Yoke;FSX gold;UTX;GEX;REX;CS 757

Guest jahman

Can you post the details as well? There's also a "More: Event Log Online" that you can click on.The whole error seems odd because the error itself is about starting RAS - Remote Access Servervice, an old protocol for accessing a server over a telephone line (the error is triggered because the Telephony Service rquired by RAS is not running because, as the message says, it is either disabled or because there is not telephone modem associated with the Telephony service,)None of this of course makes any sense to me in relation to FSX, so all I can suggest at this time is to make sure your MSVC and .NET Runtimes are the latest available via Windows Update.Cheers,- jahman.

thanks for the quick reply...it certainly makes no sense that it would have anything to do with a telephone modem...havn't had one since the old Mac days !Here is the "details" and my list of current "programs" Hope this helps. If you need anything else I'm at your service ! Thanks for the effort...I'm totally lost !

Guest jahman
I'm totally lost !
Unfortunately that makes two of us now...
  1. I take it you ran Windows Update.
  2. Probably useless, but did you try the "Check online for a solution" bit?
  3. Finally, this CTD is odd enough to warrant a PC shut-down and restart (unless of course the CTD repeats at will).
  4. If you're OC-ing, back up a notch.

Anyone else care to chime in?Cheers,- jahman.

Edited by jahman

Guest firehawk44

Install the latest version of Microsoft .net Framework 4 for Vista64 - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718. You have 3.5 SP1 installed. Dotnet4 Framework is backwards compatible. Then run Windows update again. Here's some possible fixes for the user32.dll error - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/142676. What aircraft were you trying to fly? Is the aircraft up-to-date with the latest fixes?Best regards,Jim

hiya Jim;sorry it took me so long to reply. I took your advice and downloaded the .net 4 app you recommended. In addition,I also reinstalled FSX completely. This seems to have taken care of the issue.Thanks for all your help !!skip d