Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Vox ATC and PMDG

Hi all, I am thinking of upgrading from RC4 to Vox ATC and was wondering specifically weather the FO can set assigned radio frequencies into the PMDG radios when ATC assigns them to him. I guess anyone who runs this program might know that. I worry that I would actually have to tune the frequencies. Since I am the allways the PF and the Captain the FO gets the comms every time.Thanks!

It depends on the aircraft. I haven't touched my VOX in a long time since I rarely sim lately and if I do, it's at times I would never use my mic. VOX will work to a degree but you will have issues with some of PMDG's aircraft that even an SDK will never help. For instance, with the queen you might have to edit your panelVC.cfg in the "Window Titles" section to change some things around (I forget what, but read this somewhere before). Other aircraft that PMDG make are getting more and more greedy on the available windows FSX will allow. In other words, FSX only has xx amount of windows available. The queen didn't take as many as the newer aircraft so that's your best bet (but look for the fix I mentioned above). The MD-11 and the NGX might never work if you have other addons that take a "window" spot also. This means, in say the MD-11. I adapted my RXP-500 Weather guage to it, it worked, but it took a prescious "Window" slot. I then loaded a flight, all happy, ready to sim, loaded FSPassengers and it crashed. There is a work around in removing the missions file from your guages folder that will give you 1 available window, meaning 2 addons (at the most) that use 1 window each will work with the MD11. The NGX on the other hand is yet newer and even more clickable areas and such, meaning it is certainly not about to release these prescious "Windows" within the panel.cfg's. You can't remove them either. Well, you can but you won't get what you may think.So long story short, yes, it will work with some, but maybe not the other. I can't speak for what I haven't tried it on, so not sure about it and the NGX, or the PMDG Woodpigeon, although I can't image the woodpigeon needing many windows...Sorry I couldn't be more help, but hopefully all that will a least shed some light on the details behind the scenes. :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

MarcI am running pmdg's ngx with voxatc but i do not have the fo enabled (i think)I would be happy to give it a try but please tell me what to try and what to look for