Sign in to follow this  
FloB

View control in XP10

Can anyone explain to me the advantages of the XP10 view system, please?Cause I simply don't get the idea of this "system". And since view-control is a very basic and important thing I expect that it is worth a thought.What I think would be convenient and "plausible" too, is simple: Pan and zoom with the mouse, then fix the view and manipulate a knop, pan again. This would require just a mouse, two mouse buttons and the mousewheel. You start in 3d forward view. Push and hold the right mb and pan around. Release the button and the view is fixed. use left mb to set the knobs. push and hold right mouse button to pan again. Mouse could be used to zoom in and out during pan-mode, and (optional) to set the knobs during fixed-mode.Yes, I know there is a fix-view option in XP. But it does't really fix the view because if you release that button, view will change depending on where the mouse has gone. That drives me crazy.I tried a couple of workarounds with the freeware "x-mouse button control". Zooming with the mousewheel works more or less with it (may even be good with a gaming mouse) and you can make use of the right mouse button. But it´s impossible to reach what I´m looking for.When using the hatswitch the problem is a) it´s by far not a precise and fast as using the mouse, :( still no zoom or spend two more switches of the yoke, c) needs to coordinate yoke to fly the plane, hatswitch on top of it to control the view angle and the zoom (if set to another yoke knob), finally move the mouse to manipulate the panel. That´s way too complicated.I also know the pilot view plugin. It ok, but not what I´m looking for.Anybody an idea for a solution/ workaround or the capabilitiy of building a plugin? Can´t be too complicated and whould be a bestseller!Thanks

Edited by FloB

This may be what you are looking for. Can't hurt to take a look at it. The Shade Tree bunch, put out some great stuff.below is the link.http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=177

Thanks Donald,I stumbled over that a few days ago but I´m not sure that it does what I´d like it to. Well it´s 5 bucks - so I will give it a try if I´m able to buy it without credit card...Will report on that.Best regards

I read the chase view manual and I´m pretty sure that this plugin won't do it.It's designed first of all for flying with an exterior "chase view" and taking screenshots from the outside etc. There´s no option to override the XP design of the 3D cockpit command look / 3D cockpit mouse look. Unfortunately.

10.04b2 introduces some enhancements on view control :-) . Let's try it once available and see what is still missing...

Wow, sounds very good. This is / was a pain in my &@($* ever since I did the first flight in XP10.Will ease the handling of VCs a lot!