Sign in to follow this  
Noel

How to effect reverse thrusters using FSUIPC?

Thought I posted this question but don't see it now. Sorry if I did and you already responded!Anyway, is there a way to use FSUIPC to get rev thrusters to fire? I used to be able to do this w/ a programmed button press on my CH Yoke, but for some reason it stopped. I see there is a 'rev' checkbox on the calibration section of FSUIPC but I don't know how it works.Thanks in advance,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi NoelYou can set this easily via the throttle function in FSUIPC if you use CH Manager in Direct mode. There is an excellent guide on how to set up CH controllers over on Pete Dowson's forum on simflight.This is the method i use but there may be better ones out thereCH TQ set up in FSXI would recommend that you use CH Manager and run it in "DIRECT" mode this allows you to set a null zone at the TQ detent for reverse thrust on the throttles.You then need to open FSX and remove all duplicate axes assignments from all of your game controllers.You can then assign the axes that YOU want to the TQ but make sure FSX doesn't assign duplicates next time you open FSX.In FSX settings make sure for every axis that the sensitivity is set FAR RIGHT (100%) and the Null Zone (FAR LEFT 0%) for all axes.You can then calibrate in Windows and you should be good to go.In the windows calibration window you need to set the Detent value to 240 and the Dead zone to 4 see under throttle settings for any throttle that you assign to an axis.This will mean that in FSUIPC4 calibration the start of reverse thrust will be at the detent on the TQ.This is the best method I have seen for installing the TQ using FSUIPC: http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/CH_...ith_FSUIPC.pdfThis is what I wrote on the CH Hangar forum about reverse thrust: I have found that the easiest way to get reverse thrust in the TQ is to use CHCM in DIRECT mode and you then get this attached screen Above) in Windows: In windows, you can then set the detent value for throttles 1 and 2 to 240 and the Dead Zone to 4.After calibration in Windows you can then start the Flight Sim open FSUIPC to fine tune the settings, and the detent value of the TQ will be at minimum thrust - you can set a small value in FSUIPC before reverse thrust (a dead zone) starts proper. (This way sets via the axis rather than using a button command.) It’s all explained in the pdf above.Avoid duplicate allocation of axes at all costs and ensure that the sensitivity in the SIM is full right and the null zone is full left.RegardsPeterH

Hi NoelYou can set this easily via the throttle function in FSUIPC if you use CH Manager in Direct mode. There is an excellent guide on how to set up CH controllers over on Pete Dowson's forum on simflight.This is the method i use but there may be better ones out thereCH TQ set up in FSXI would recommend that you use CH Manager and run it in "DIRECT" mode this allows you to set a null zone at the TQ detent for reverse thrust on the throttles.You then need to open FSX and remove all duplicate axes assignments from all of your game controllers.You can then assign the axes that YOU want to the TQ but make sure FSX doesn't assign duplicates next time you open FSX.In FSX settings make sure for every axis that the sensitivity is set FAR RIGHT (100%) and the Null Zone (FAR LEFT 0%) for all axes.You can then calibrate in Windows and you should be good to go.In the windows calibration window you need to set the Detent value to 240 and the Dead zone to 4 see under throttle settings for any throttle that you assign to an axis.This will mean that in FSUIPC4 calibration the start of reverse thrust will be at the detent on the TQ.This is the best method I have seen for installing the TQ using FSUIPC: http://fsuipc.simfli....ith_FSUIPC.pdfThis is what I wrote on the CH Hangar forum about reverse thrust: I have found that the easiest way to get reverse thrust in the TQ is to use CHCM in DIRECT mode and you then get this attached screen Above) in Windows: In windows, you can then set the detent value for throttles 1 and 2 to 240 and the Dead Zone to 4.After calibration in Windows you can then start the Flight Sim open FSUIPC to fine tune the settings, and the detent value of the TQ will be at minimum thrust - you can set a small value in FSUIPC before reverse thrust (a dead zone) starts proper. (This way sets via the axis rather than using a button command.) It’s all explained in the pdf above.Avoid duplicate allocation of axes at all costs and ensure that the sensitivity in the SIM is full right and the null zone is full left.RegardsPeterH
Wow, thanks for all of that. Will go there and resolve the issue asap!Cheers!
Thanks jahman!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X