Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Getting ready to install AS2012 on remote- Simconnect issues

Hi-I recently lost my FSsupport Laptop and decided to use my old FS computer instead. Bought another monitor and all went well until Simconnect. I do have it working but having some issues. So far ALL I HAVE INSTALLED is what comes on the GOLD version of FSX- on BOTH machines. Installed on FSServer when FSX was initially installed from the GOLD version DVD- automatically (?). Manually installed it on the FSSupport machine. All 3 folders are properly shared and security properly allowed.If I update BOTH the FSServer and FSLaptop computer with the FSX SDK SP1A as found at http://www.microsoft...ang=en&id=10027 will I then have the latest and the SAME version on BOTH machines. Will this suffice BEFORE installing SDK SP2 as I cannot seem to find the link for SDK1? BTW where is the link for THAT? I did locate SP2 at http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FSXSDK-SP2Update.aspx.Any particularly important tips before I take the plunge. It was all working SO WELL before the laptop went belly up :(. Looking forward to AS2012- love ASE.Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

THANK-YOU!!!Now can you confirm this is done on BOTH the FS Machine AND the secondary machine?I have the GOLD Edition...so take BOTH to SP1a and then to SP2?

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Reading further........if I installed the GOLD DVD SDK on both machines that is actually SP2 and no further update is necessary.....can you CONFIRM please?Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Carl,The Simconnect.MSI must only be installed on the server, ie the computer/laptop that will run ASA/ASE or AS2012. You have to confirm which version of FSX you have installed, the Gold version contains both Deluxe and Acceleration so you have to confirm which one you installed actually.The version I run is the Deluxe RTM.If you are not sure which version you installed ,you can install ADE9X Environment Checker. This utility works also for FSX and detects what you installed.You can find it here: http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/tools.phpGood luck,Edward Smeets

Edward-I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP. My dilemma is that AS2012 REQUIRES SP2.........I installed SP1A & SP2 on BOTH machines. ALL folders are shared correctly including APP DATA. Still, AS2012 does NOT see SP2 :sad:I have opened a ticket.........perhaps soon.......C

Edited by lasnubes

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Carl,Once installed SP2 you have to configure 3 files,a XML,CFG and a INI. file that are in the simconnect folder you installed on the computer where AS2012 is located.2 files have to be installed on your computer were FSX is installedand one on your computer where AS212 is located. This is very welldocumented in de AS2012manual. I believe its at the end of the manual.Edward Smeets