Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Changing radio freqs and GPS question.

I'm considering getting XPX and have two questions. When you need to change radio frequencies (for example when you leave Tower control and contact Departure) can XP perform the frequency change for you (as is done in FSX) or must this be done manually?Do all (or most) XP aircraft have an onboard GPS? If so, can the GPS be positioned in a separate window so you can adjust its size and make it easier to read, if necessary?Oh, one other question. I'm currently using FSX on 3 monitors with Matrox TripleHead2Go (TH2G). Will XPX work with TH2G?Thanks much for any info.Bob

I'm considering getting XPX and have two questions. When you need to change radio frequencies (for example when you leave Tower control and contact Departure) can XP perform the frequency change for you (as is done in FSX) or must this be done manually?Do all (or most) XP aircraft have an onboard GPS? If so, can the GPS be positioned in a separate window so you can adjust its size and make it easier to read, if necessary?Oh, one other question. I'm currently using FSX on 3 monitors with Matrox TripleHead2Go (TH2G). Will XPX work with TH2G?Thanks much for any info.Bob
. You have to change the frequencies manually. As far as GPS, alot of the xp default aircraft have an OK GNS430 GPS, but there is also a free add on KLN 90B GPS that is pretty good. I dont think you can position the GPS on a second monitor, but there might be a plugin that will allow you to im not sure. XP also has a default FMC which is ok, just basic plugging in waypoints. If you an iOS device with the airtrack app you can make adjustments to radios, autopilot commands, and use it as an FMC all on your ipad/ipod. Also the The fmc for the payware CRJ can be used on an internet browser, allowing you to run it on another monitor, or an ipad or a different computer. You can run XPX on multiple monitors but i dont know about TH2G, its very possible you could.