Sign in to follow this  
Cfoley

International airport progressive

I noticed when I fly into international airports outside of the U.S., There appears to be no progressive options after landing. I use FSX with Ultimate Traffic 2 and when I fly domestic airports, I get progressive options after landing. On two recent international flights, one to RJAA and Cancun, after landing the tower tells to contact ground, which I do, but it only gives the option for "Taxi for takeoff". There is one option, number "8" for parking, but selecting that does nothing. This has happened on other international flights and I use the FSX airports, but use QW757 or PMDG 747 for international flights. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? I checked other forums but cannot find anything like what I am going through.

Cray Foley

I've been rying flights outide of the US and the AFCAD (sp?) files seem to really help. I did RJBB and LIRF and had no issues. I could be wrong, but it can't hurt to try it,There are files for FSX in the AvSim library.Anyone else with ideas?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I noticed when I fly into international airports outside of the U.S., There appears to be no progressive options after landing. I use FSX with Ultimate Traffic 2 and when I fly domestic airports, I get progressive options after landing. On two recent international flights, one to RJAA and Cancun, after landing the tower tells to contact ground, which I do, but it only gives the option for "Taxi for takeoff". There is one option, number "8" for parking, but selecting that does nothing. This has happened on other international flights and I use the FSX airports, but use QW757 or PMDG 747 for international flights. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? I checked other forums but cannot find anything like what I am going through.
Glad you brought this up because I too have seen that but at a US airport, Glenn Johnson's excellent freeware KHOU. I had the same options, so just ignored it and carried on to the cargo parking which I could clearly see. And I have the very latest AIRAC cycle too. So it's not only at airports outside the US this occurs.

I use the progressive for large airports. Once I flew into RJAA and it did not give progressive and a Korean Airlines 777 ended up colliding with me while I was trying to figure out where to taxi to. It is hard to read the airport diagrams and taxi at the same time, and what terminal and gate to go to for that matter. Progressive eases all that for large airports like SFO, DFW and JFK, plus the ATC tower lets you know there is traffic nearby so you don't collide with them while heading to the terminal or gate. The tower will not even tell you what taxi ways to use when that "Taxi for takeoff" option is the only thing they give you after landing. Also, does anyone know where I can locate international airport diagrams? I found a website for U.S. airports but having a hard time finding international. I have RJAA, but that is the only one I can find and had to Google it.

Edited by Cfoley

Cray Foley

Graham, thanks for the link. I have been looking for Heathrow.

Cray Foley

If u go to navigraph and download the nDAC software then u can accesss a massive range of airport charts across the entire planet. They do cost credits but its more than worth it for what you get also using their AIRACs to update your fms and a whole heap of other information at your fingertips. I use it and I couldnt be happeir with it. Buying credits is NOT expensive very cheap and very worthwhile,http://www.navigraph.com/www/default.asp

If u go to navigraph and download the nDAC software then u can accesss a massive range of airport charts across the entire planet. They do cost credits but its more than worth it for what you get also using their AIRACs to update your fms and a whole heap of other information at your fingertips. I use it and I couldnt be happeir with it. Buying credits is NOT expensive very cheap and very worthwhile,http://www.navigraph...www/default.asp
++1

One of the best there is, when using updated charts, only they are missing some well known airportwhich I really can´t undertand why? they have been left out. One example is PHNL, Honolulu and lot´s of other well known airports./ Leffe

I have notice that bug and other also, but also in US. I'm swedish by the way. Another sh*t I found out was when I was flying LSZH-ZSPD. After programming FMC, setup all aircraft for 40 min a **** bus drove into my baby 747 and got a crash and needed restart. Another time I landed at EHAM (Aerosoft) I got a damn sailing boat bouncing around the runway. Now I don't give a **** about ATC and turned of crashes.

Edited by hasse29

Mikael, I know what you mean. After flying for 10 hours from SFO to RJAA, A Korean airlines collides with me while taxi to the terminal. (That is why I love progressive option) Also, I had some vehicles on runways driving around and either I hit them or they hit me. Anytime I see one of those anywhere near my plane, I stop till they pass no matter what direction they are going.

Edited by Cfoley

Cray Foley

Why not just switch the crash detection off? That's what I do. If I park my plane in some cumulo-granite I don't need FS to tell me I've crashed, that's pretty obvious. The main thing crash detection seems to hit you with, if you are a somewhat competent FS pilot, are scenery bugs and ground vehicles / A'I' traffic that don't know the right-of-way or are downright suicidal.I'm not sure how progressive taxi (or any of the other ATC taxi options) work exactly, but I'm guessing they are auto-generated on the basis of the AFCAD for the airport you're flying to. Doing a quick search for an AFCAD in the file library will probably solve most of your problems. If the ATC only gives you the taxi for take-off option, it probably means it doesn't know of any gates it can send you to, which will be fixed by an AFCAD.

Doesn't this happen if there are no available parking spots wide enough for your aircraft?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

John-Alan, Yes, I will switch off the crash detection. I will also check out AFCAD. The worst airport for me is DFW where I do alot of my sim flying. Fortunately the progressive works FSX for DFW or I would be completely lost!

Cray Foley

Yeah, always have crash detection off. It is not very good in FS, especially if you change view and it crashes!!!!!!!