Sign in to follow this  
Randalicous

FSX Crashes but only in Liverpool

Hi.I have GEN X Vol3 VFR scenerey for FSX but when ever i take off from Liverpool in the UK the game crashes when the scenery is activated. This is the crash messageProblem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.6195 Fault Module Timestamp: 4dcddbf3 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000172e0 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: fb8b Additional Information 2: fb8bd1bf7dcc44d047c58f37f56ad727 Additional Information 3: fa63 Additional Information 4: fa63c80ebf2b9d98cfa9fc211d9a92adIt means nothing to me, but wondered if anyone out there can tell me??I have an i5 760 3.6ghz 4GB Ram and Nvidia GTX 460.When I turn off the scenery package the game runs fine. I have also got the Gen X VOL1 installed and never had a problem.Thanks guysSteve.

Having read that AA could be an issue i turned it to Tri but still get the crash this time with this message. Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: util.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 475e180d Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00022d5a OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: fb8b Additional Information 2: fb8bd1bf7dcc44d047c58f37f56ad727 Additional Information 3: fa63 Additional Information 4: fa63c80ebf2b9d98cfa9fc211d9a92adI am lost.

Guest jahman
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dllFault Module Version: 8.0.50727.6195
Please run Windows Update to get the latest MSVC and .NET Runtimes.
Fault Module Name: util.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0
Do you have a scenery add-on containing Liverpool?If yes, try uninstalling it and see if you still get the error.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Thanks ill try your suggestions and report back.As for liverpool add ons i did download the demo for liverpool extreme by uk2000 scenery. I could not take off from the runway due to the problem above so uninstalled it. Thinking back im not sure if this was the first time i had the error with the add on scenery having installed this demo.

It sounds like a missing scenery file from an addon airport. I had continual problems flying out of Orbx's Brisbane, as did many other guys, until someone suggested it could be a missing file from one of the addon sceneries. I deleted all of the smaller Ozx airfields. Result... sorted!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

When you uninstalled Liverrpool did you remove it from the scenery library first ie within fsx.bob

Bob, No, i normally do it through the control panel of win7 and un-install them that way. I have since re-installed liverpool demo and then turned off the genx stuff. I can take off from liverpool uk2000 fine then, but as soon as i turn on the genx stuff it goes again. If i turn off area 1 of vol3 which is over the liverpool area, i can take off and fly into area 2 of vol3 with no problems and with liverpool uk2000 on. If i make a sharp turn on takeoff with the gen x stuff on I can fly north bound without issue, when I then turn due east towards the area it usually crashes I get to the same line along the end of the runway where it would normally crash, only a little bit further north but it still crashes.I have opened a help ticket on the play horizion forum and await an update.

Have you checked the priority level in the scenery libarary ? The GenX should be just below Addon Scenery for best results. Terrain products should always be below Airport addons. Also, when you installed Liverpool, did you check the box GENX installed ? Assuming that option is available in the demo version ? If you have the scenery libaray corrupted or priorities mis placed, you will get lock ups etc. The scenery lib is not very forgiving if things are not done correctly. You must always be very careful when adding and deleting addon scenery. Even automated installs can cock it up.Go to your C:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSX folder and that is where your scenery cfg resides. Open in notepad, and see if things are in order, making certain the entries are in correct numerical order.Steven Greenwood has a great tool that will help you a lot. I use it everytime I install a new addon.Go here:http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/welcome.shtmlClick on the Resources tab at the top right of the screen which will display to get a short list of his available downloads.This utility makes it simple to keep the scenery.cfg in good order. Be sure to read the documentation carefully.Hope that helps.

Edited by ZK-SUH

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Please let us know if the above fixes your problem.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It's because 5 champions league trophies contain so many polygons.

Have you checked the priority level in the scenery libarary ? The GenX should be just below Addon Scenery for best results. Terrain products should always be below Airport addons. Also, when you installed Liverpool, did you check the box GENX installed ? Assuming that option is available in the demo version ? If you have the scenery libaray corrupted or priorities mis placed, you will get lock ups etc. The scenery lib is not very forgiving if things are not done correctly. You must always be very careful when adding and deleting addon scenery. Even automated installs can cock it up.Go to your C:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSX folder and that is where your scenery cfg resides. Open in notepad, and see if things are in order, making certain the entries are in correct numerical order.Steven Greenwood has a great tool that will help you a lot. I use it everytime I install a new addon.Go here:http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/welcome.shtmlClick on the Resources tab at the top right of the screen which will display to get a short list of his available downloads.This utility makes it simple to keep the scenery.cfg in good order. Be sure to read the documentation carefully.Hope that helps.
So I have re-installed and un-installed Liverpool uk2000 and Manchester UK2000, so now I have even less Champions League trophies. But it still crashes. I have turned off the anit virus and run it in admin mode as suggested by Play horizon with no luck.I can open the scenery.cfg but too be honest im not sure what im supposed to be looking for. There are a number of entries, though what order they are supposed to be in I do not know.I have moved the addon scenery above the terrain and the airports above that, without sucess. I have yet to try the Greenwood link above. I really want to avoid any form of FSX re-install just so ~I can use a tiny area of the UK with photo scenery, so may have to cut my loses and disable area1 of vol3. As FSX seems to be running as well as ever for me and it would be a shame to ruin everything just so I can see a bit of Merseyside. I guess I may even have to locate all 4 edges of the dodge scenery and make sure i always navigate round it :(.EDIT:Just tried the above.cfg programme and still crashes im afrai Edited by Randalicous

Can you PM me your scenery config (copy/paste). I will look at it in the morning for you. It is 1am here, so too late to check it now for you.

Can you PM me your scenery config (copy/paste). I will look at it in the morning for you. It is 1am here, so too late to check it now for you.
Done thanks