Sign in to follow this  
S.Keller

PMDG Dash 8

We don't know yet, so lets not speculate. I am sure SP2 for the 737 is more important then the addon packs. We will see what happens this year.

We don't know yet, so lets not speculate. I am sure SP2 for the 737 is more important then the addon packs. We will see what happens this year.
I wouldn't count on that... After the release of SP1a, there itsn't much left for them to fix or add. 99% of the major bugs were fixed in the SP1 (can't say all of them, naturally), so the SP2 can perfectly wait. It may add a few new features like shared cockpit, fix some stuff and likely prepare the background to make the current version of the NGX compatible with the ER expansion pack, like they did with the SP1 and the 6700 EP.At this point, since the NGX is pretty much stable, they should have started to give more attention to their next products, like the [censored] and the other [censored]. They may release the ER pack before any other product just to finish with the NGX, and then go full power on their other developments. Or they might release one of the [censored] (maybe both) before finishing the NGX... But as you said, it's just speculation.I personaly think speculation in this case is good. Keep our imagination working and our expectations high, but as long as we know how differ speculation from facts, and there are a handful here who doesn't. Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

Never keep your expectations high, always keep them so low you are never dissapointed :-)

I wouldn't count on that... After the release of SP1a, there itsn't much left for them to fix or add. 99% of the major bugs were fixed in the SP1 (can't say all of them, naturally), so the SP2 can perfectly wait. It may add a few new features like shared cockpit, fix some stuff and likely prepare the background to make the current version of the NGX compatible with the ER expansion pack, like they did with the SP1 and the 6700 EP.At this point, since the NGX is pretty much stable, they should have started to give more attention to their next products, like the [censored] and the other [censored]. They may release the ER pack before any other product just to finish with the NGX, and then go full power on their other developments. Or they might release one of the [censored] (maybe both) before finishing the NGX... But as you said, it's just speculation.I personaly think speculation in this case is good. Keep our imagination working and our expectations high, but as long as we know how differ speculation from facts, and there are a handful here who doesn't.
I was thinkin this the other day, there is nothing I can think of to suggest the NGX is not working properly, everything imo works a dream

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I was thinkin this the other day, there is nothing I can think of to suggest the NGX is not working properly, everything imo works a dream
Ain't that the truth:) Such a nice plane to fly:)

Simon

Never keep your expectations high, always keep them so low you are never dissapointed :-)
You know... Maybe you're right. Just look at what happened with FLIGHT :(! But I know PMDG will never let us down. Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

so i have seen they only doin the 200 and 300 right? :( want that 400 Airberlin blum.gif

so i have seen they only doin the 200 and 300 right? :( want that 400 Airberlin blum.gif
Majestic is doing the q400. It would be pointless for PMDG to do the q400. They stated that the dash 8 would be a "lite" product like the j41. Would you want a lite version of a complex plane like the q400? From what I have seen in the Majestic previews, they have put almost as much detail into their q400 as PMDG has in their NGX. Not to mention the q400 has been in developement as long as if not longer than the NGX so you know its not going to be a cheap piece of crap.

I don't know where people keep getting this idea that the J41 and Dash are/going to be "light" products. PMDG has never said that.In fact, I distinctly remember Robert way back in the day introducing the J41 as a fully featured PMDG plane...and explicitly mentioning that it was not a Light product in any sense of the word.The J41 features very sophisticated engine modelling, a fully functioning weight & balance and loadin system, a very well put out VC that pioneered many if not all the technologies/methods employed in the NGX, great flight dynamics, a fully functioning GNS-XLS (except Hold functions I think) and a host of other features.I would expect nothing less from a future PMDG Dash.I assume those people who kelp calling the J41 as light have never tried it. It is much more than just a fancy VC model.Sorry for this little rant, but all those yahoos out there that bring up this "light" talk really are making a huge insult to PMDG in regards to the quality and sophistication of the J41

Maybe lite wasn't the right word, I have the j41 and love it. Obviously it isn't the same modeling as the NGX. In the developement schedule it had said the dash 8 would be along the same quality level as the j41. I still believe it wouldn't make sense for them to do the q400 with the majestic one coming out. PMDG is not going to put the same amount of developement into a dash 8 as they did the NGX.

The J41 is certainly NOT 'light' in any strectch of the imagination.In fact, without FS2Crew, the workload is almost too much for 1 person to handle, even in the sim. I would suggest some 'jet jockeys' give it a try. Crusing at 16,000 through all manner of weather and icing conditions and managing those geared turboprops really keeps you on your toes!As for the 777, Dash 8 (a good 200/300 would be fantastic) I would much rather see the promised SP2 for the J41.The silence from PMDG on this is deafening......

Edited by GHarrall

Believe me I much prefer the turboprops over the jets The point I was trying to make is that too often the market gets saturated with the same planes. I would love to see the 200/300 series come out and then maybe they build something like a Brasilia or redo the 1900.