Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Yoke for flying the NGX

The CH yoke isn't perfect, but I think it's good value for money.A big advantage of the Yoke over a joystick is that you can control the plane with your left hand on the yoke whilst clicking round the cockpit using the mouse in your right hand. This is much more difficult to do with a joystick, especially one moulded for the right hand and usually placed close to the mouse on the right side of the monitor.

Edited by flyingscampi

I have the saitek yoke and it works fine once you get rid of the crappy spings and do both of the rubber band mods.
A little moar info please. You got me intrigued :D.

I have the saitek yoke and it works fine once you get rid of the crappy spings and do both of the rubber band mods.
Great, so you gotta mod the product for it to work good. Nice approach.I had two Pro Flight yokes, and both had a very sticky elevator. Even after really heavy modding I wasn't able to get it working alright.I'm keen to order Cessna Yoke to try it out - EDIT: I just saw some videos on youtube concerning Cessna yoke, and the movement seems WAY smoother than what I owned with Pro Flight Yoke in the past.Man, when I see this video, of this KID owning all that stuff, I get sick, check this out LOL:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV-79CBI-_g Edited by Kosta

Tommorow I will look up the posts I got the info from and post them for you. two really easy mods. What they basicly do is trash all the stock spring mechinisms and replace them with rubber bands. No more sticky elevator. I did this mod after one day of usign the yoke, I found it unusable in stock form.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Just check my signature

Don't bother with CH Yoke. I have one and it's been sitting in the corner for some years now. Cheap and unrealistic. I'll be looking at the Saitek yoke next time around, but right now, the X52 does me fine.
Tried to buy the X52 this weekend but the shop was out of stock. I may have to buy on-line. I really like the idea of yoke and pedals but it would be difficult for practical reasons, not to mention the cost. Eventually I'll go that way but I think the X52 will see me right for a few years. My current stick is completely useless.

Very happy with my CH hardware. I think you have to go to a store and sort out what works best for you...

Guest lulu47

In respons to post number 3, to recommand plastic products or flying a boeing with a joystick is ridiculous and unrealistic, plastic products = plastic performances, amateurism! You're missing the point!Here are good products: http://flypfc.com/?/products/yokes/Nile Daniel

Edited by lulu47

@NileActually the point is helping the op choose an affordable setup. $600+ isn't quite affordable for most people.

Guest lulu47

The point is "Wich yoke for flying the NGX", so to give the best advice and of course, it is based on the budget of each of us. I also started a few years ago with a plastic yoke, no strength and poor performance. PFC yoke (and rudder) are totally in metal, very strong and offer outstanding performance very close to reality and this kind of product will have a long live duration which is not the case of plastic products. The best advice I can give for - those who can of course - is to save money for a few months and buy a solid and very realistic product that will give them great satisfaction to assumme their passion. Avoid if possible plastic product. Sorry for confusion.Nile Daniel

Edited by lulu47

Steffen,My opinion is simple: if you can't afford a decent yoke (PFC, VRInsight), don't buy a yoke.All those plastic yokes are, IMO, waste of money.Just get a good stick, if you can find it, MS FF2 - very precise stick, with optical LED sensors. FSForce is a software everyone recommends with it.Anyway, that's me.
I agree with what you are saying, you do have a good point there but may I add a suggestion: "Look into getting a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro".I have both the Saitek yoke and the Logitech stick, but this last is for more precise and much cheaper!

In respons to post number 3, to recommand plastic products or flying a boeing with a joystick is ridiculous and unrealistic, plastic products = plastic performances, amateurism! You're missing the point!Here are good products: http://flypfc.com/?/products/yokes/Nile Daniel
We can do without the elitist attitude. I dare say you are the one missing the point. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I also got the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro here. FF2 is way more precise. While Logitech ain't bad, and I use it for other joystick games, as I don't prefer "destroying" my FF2 for general gaming, it isn't Force Feedback and it's a very hard spring joystick - can't do precision landings with it.

Well, i think it I´ll get a yoke, i´ll get the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna. Seems to be pretty good ans soild. But what´s for the throttles and pedals? Also Saitek ones?

Saitek quadrant works fine. I also have the standard yoke and will look into the mod now that I have a bit of time for flight simming...