Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Ignore Prefs not working right

I am sorry to say that I broke down and set my account to ignore 2 members of the Avsim forum system. I hate to do that, but there is just too much negativity, and I am here for fun, not to read other people's hate and rants.The Ignore function does block the user's post, but it seems not always, as I still see some of their subsequent ravings. And it does not block their comments when they are quoted, so, one way or another, I still see their rudeness.So, the forum software does not completely block the users.Best regards.Luis

Edited by LuisFelizTirado

To think all this time I was pretty sure that setting just blocked private messages sent to you from that user. That's just the way it is though as far as quoted posts -- the quoted portion is third party technically so the system doesn't pick it up as your blocked preference. It's the same for users and moderators when we edit posts, any quoted parts of that post don't change along with the original posts change.

Thanks for your informative response, Chase. Perhaps the author of the forum software will include this in a future version.Best regards.Luis