Sign in to follow this  
swajet34

I need help!

I downloaded the new PMDG 737NGX 800-900. The installation went without a problem. When I opened my FSX I decided to do a free flight using the NGX just to see how the plane performs and get it airborne to fly around a bit. When opening the free flight I chose to fly out of KPHL,the flight began on the active runway. When starting, I noticed that the flight automatically started with the engines running. Inside the cockpit nothing works, the glass screens are black and when attempting to click on the instraments nothing works. I use a saitek flight control system with a saitek throttle. When pushing the throttle forward the plane will accerate and fly with proper throttling, once airborne the gear will retract by simply pressing "G".My point and question in this is, does anyone know why my cockpit is dark and my instruments do not work. I attempted to uninstall the software and reinstall it with negative results. Does anyone know if it could be a computer problem or a software glitch. I would like to be able to fly using the PMDG to its fullest ability, but right now i do not have any ability to use the FMC/CDU or anything inside the flight deck. My operating system is windows XP 32bit. I just upgrated my video card as well. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Also could it be a memory issue?

When you selected the ngx were you prompted to allow a few dlls to run?Were you prompted to enter the license code?

not that i recall it was a zip file i just extracted the file and let the download run it course...can u explain further i have not been active with all this for a good 2 years now and need to refresh my memory i used to have the old pmdg 737 model but the NGX seems much more advanced.

The first time running fsx after installing it you'll be prompted to allow or refuse 2 or 3 dll files. They're critical to the ngx running & must be allowed.The first time selecting the ngx you'll also be prompted to enter the activation code. This window sometimes gets hidden behind the fsx window, so if it didn't show up minimize fsx to see if that's what happened.If its neither of those things, then is likely a bad install. Right-click the installer and select "run as administrator". That should get past any permissions issues in c:program files (x86) if that's where your fsx is installed. Also, make a note next time you install fsx to click "more options" in the setup menu & install it to c:fsx or a different hard drive. C:program files (x86) has some screwy permissions that can really mess with addons.Edited for typoEdit 2: I just saw that you're on xp-32. To run as admin you'll need to right-click the installer, select properties & go to the compatibility tab.

Edited by MrKen