Sign in to follow this  
shane_IT

Dreaded CTD ruins flights.

Well I was hoping I'd never have to make a post in CTD but here it goes.... Anyone have any ideas? Can't finish a flight from CYHZ to CYQM, very annoying!! Doesn't seem to matter which airplane I'm in either.Problem signature:Problem Event Name: BEXApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: unknownFault Module Version: 0.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000Exception Offset: b4000000Exception Code: c0000005Exception Data: 00000008OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem:LCID: 1033

Edited by shane_IT

Guest firehawk44

BEX refers to Buffer Overflow Exception. To get more info on this issue, visit the following site: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738483(WS.10).aspx. Perhaps you'll see a solution to your problem that relates to your system. Exception code c0000005 indicates you had a memory access violation. Try the recommended solutions (several) at the following site - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/exception-code-c0000005/e54a68cf-31ff-4f2f-ab38-e8f48db27e73. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

I too have run into the dreaded CTDs. This has been going on now for a few weeks. Here are my particulars from the most recent CTD:Description

Faulting Application Path: C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xfsx.exe
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
Fault Module Name: StackHash_ccd3
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ccd3
Additional Information 2: ccd3b0e5e40a2154229e6dec3c82981f
Additional Information 3: edc0
Additional Information 4: edc0e61f54fab78fce8d81ff205127fa
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 2781525258
The CTDs occur with the Maddog, Level-D 767 & PMDG 747. The add-ons I'm running are FS2Crew Voice and Radar Contact. Everything appears to be working fine until during taxi or as I'm about to take-off,,,CTD! Both FS2Crew and Radar Contact have been working fine together in the past. I've checked all the usual suspects (latest drivers, FSUIPC & FSWide updated and registered, UIAutomationCore.dll, etc.). Any suggestions?

Guest firehawk44

Exception code c0000374 indicates you had a heap_corruption which is explained at the following link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_corruption. You need to install Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributables from 2005 to 2010 (you may have some installed already). MSV's manage memory. Also make sure you have the latest updates to Microsoft .net4 as dotnet manages memory for software programs too.Best regards,Jim

Guest jahman
install Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributables from 2005 to 2010
You can do so and update your .NET runtimes as well by enabling Windows Update.Cheers,- jahman.

Thanks Jim & jahman. I do have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables installed (2-"2005", 2-"2005(x64)", 2-"2008-x86" & 1-"2010 x86"). The earliest was installed 10/10/2011 and the latest 11/12/2011. And, I do have automated Windows Update enabled. I did notice I had a automated Windows update as I shut down my PC Sunday night. And yesterday, I ran the same FSX route, plane, add-ons etc and had no CTD. I think for every Windows update that creates a FSX problem, I get an update that fixes it. Or perhaps it's the major solar flare-ups occuring now. Beats me.

Guest firehawk44
I think for every Windows update that creates a FSX problem, I get an update that fixes it. Or perhaps it's the major solar flare-ups occuring now. Beats me.
LOL. You might be right. I've had 'issues' too (not with FSX) sometimes after a Windows update. Restoring to an earlier time before the updates fixes everything. Hopefully your problem(s) are fixed and you can Go Fly peacefully without the dreaded crashes.Best regards,Jim

I think I found my CTD cause. I had updated and/or added to my FSDreamTeam airports without re-installing the "Virtuali Addon ManagerX" program. Umberto at FSDT reminded me the Addon Manager always needs to be the last FSDT program installed. This not only fixed problems I was experiencing with the FSDT airports, but it appears to have eliminated my CTDs. That is until the next Windows update or solar flare-up. :(

Guest firehawk44
had updated and/or added to my FSDreamTeam airports without re-installing the "Virtuali Addon ManagerX" program. Umberto at FSDT reminded me the Addon Manager always needs to be the last FSDT program installed.
That's strange in that I have most of the FSDT airports and the Addon Manager was always installed automatically after the scenery was installed. I don't know how you could have done it separately. Glad you got it fixed though.Best regards,Jim