Sign in to follow this  
untitled

New to Ai in FS2004 and need some answers!

hello fellow fs enthusiasts! i'm new to AI in fs2004 and i have some questions. i recently downloaded this world of ai and some packages which were installed successfully, but some like LOT Polish Airlines, United Airlines (regional planes like erjs and crjs), and etc. are missing. i know that there is a program called ultimate traffic, which i intend to download, but i need to know which airlines it includes. If its not too much, can someone (who has ultimite traffic) check if there are bulgarian airlines? woai has them, but the Bulgaria Air package is rather old. i also know that you can add some AIs manually, and I've tried according to tutorials but i cant seem to get it working. i've tried but no success. i guess the reason why i cant do it manually is because i deleted the default traffic file (traffic030528.bgl) and i cant compile them in there with TTools and all that. It forms a bgl file, and i do put the textures and the model of the AI planes in the aircraft folder, but no luck. can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? i know its a lot of questions but i want to know what i'm doing wrong.

If I understand you correctly you are attempting to add new local paint AI planes to some of your addon airports but I get the impression that you have jumped right into the middle of it all without even reading any of the instructions or knowing what you are doing.The first thing you did wrong was to delete the default "traffic030528.bgl" from your World/scenery folder. You should re-install this file first because programs like TTools, which I would like to suggest that you use, cannot work correctly without it.Newly downloaded AI planes (from wherever) must be installed in your main aircraft folder but be sure that any new title lines in your aircraft.cfg are unique, i.e. that they do not exist in any other already installed AI plane's aircraft.cfg files.When the TTools program has dis-assembled the "traffic030528.bgl" file or any other traffic file(s) possibly included in addon airport sceneries, three txt files will be produced:1. Aircraft030528.txt2. Airports030528.txt3. Flightplans030528.txtThese can be edited at will but please take the trouble of reading the very good TTools documentation for further instructions as to how to add your new AI planes and create their flight plans. We were all obliged to do this at some stage in the past.Any new entry in 1. must contain the exact title line as specified in the AI plane's aircraft.cfg title line, otherwise the plane will never appear in your scenery.After adding your new AI planes to 1. and creating their flight plans in 3. (and saving the files) the TTools program can compile all three of them into your traffic030528.bgl file in your World/scenery folder. Any error messages produced during this re-compilation process must be resolved first.Only after that and after re-starting your FS9, will you be able to see your new AI planes in action.Good luck.Hans

Ultimate Traffic (UT) includes schedules for Bulgaria Air and Hemus Air, but no aircraft repaints: they would appear as default models with one of several "Flight1" colour schemes. It's possible to add repaints to UT (if you have them) via its interface: not hard and no decompiling or manual editing of traffic.bgl is needed. But the big drawbacks are that its aircraft models are very basic - they look like they've come from FS2002 or earlier - and its schedules are now very out of date (which is why Hemus Air is included as a separate airline - they merged a few years ago IIRC). Flight1 announced in 2008 that they wouldn't update the schedules any more, or provide any other support for the product. I'm surprised you can still buy it tbh.So all UT really has in its favour is that it's all in one package and avoids messing around with TTools. if you haven't got an AI package at all now you could do a lot better, as others have suggested.

Once you have with TTools you have derived your Airport030528.txt file you can rename your traffic030528.bgl to traffic030528.bgh to disable it to avoid default AI if you wish. Traffic tools will use just Airport.txt just fine. The output file name of UT is traffic.bgl. FS9 can use multiple traffic files by naming them trafficxxxx.bgl where xxxxx is your unique choice of name.In using WOIA you can name the output traficxxxx.bgl via its installer utility I believe. If using a WOIA package be sure the airline is excluded from the UT compile operation (if it is available) so you don't get an ai duplication.The PAI ai models are deliberately low polygon so as to impact performance minimally. I find them sufficiently useful to establish traffic immersion as most of the time my head is on the panel most notably a TCAS display. I only briefly see them when scanning views during pushback and during taxiing out the window and scanning sideways when crossing taxiways and active runways so I only briefly see them.The weakness in UT is cargo schedules as they are rarely published and in UT cargo destinations are not adequate. I have downloaded separate plans for Fedex, Airborne-DHL, and others, using a complex freeware front end to TTools called AITM for Airport Traffic Manager. It is a bit complex to use and install and requires good performance in your PC. UT supposedly can use the same files.I see in the AVSIM library to usefull tools to create ai plans:AI FlightPlan Utilities Version 1.5.4FS2004 - AI Flight Creator Version 1.7.5You will need ttools202.zip from here. Note that TTools has a utility called airport collector that will scan your scenery to create airports.txt which should take into consideration new add-ons to the default scenery and any dropped airports. With this you should not need to retain the default traffic03-----.bgl file above to get your FS airport data. Just give these utilities using the File command you FS9 path:

Edited by ronzie

I apologize for the late response, but I have one more question. When TTools decompiles the Aircraft030528.txt , Flightplans030528.txt, and Airports030528.txt, I added all the planes in the Aircraft030528.txt, but do i have to put the flightplans in the Flightplans030528.txt (like compy and paste them), save, and then compile it in TTools? Or do I compile the flightplans, airports, and aircraft separately (the downloaded airline package)? I know these might be obvoius questions, but I'm a newbie to this.

I apologize for the late response, but I have one more question. When TTools decompiles the Aircraft030528.txt , Flightplans030528.txt, and Airports030528.txt, I added all the planes in the Aircraft030528.txt, but do i have to put the flightplans in the Flightplans030528.txt (like compy and paste them), save, and then compile it in TTools? Or do I compile the flightplans, airports, and aircraft separately (the downloaded airline package)? I know these might be obvoius questions, but I'm a newbie to this.
Yes you have to or else TTools will give errors. And when you select one of the text file (aircraft,flightplans or airports), ttools will automatically select the other 2. The name have to be the same of course.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Hello 'Untitled'' and welcome to the forums.You have been given some excellent advise above. To chip in I ended up by ditching UTraffic in favour of WOAI and then went down the road of compiling my own flight plans to fill the gaps. Practically all the files are in AVSIM's file libray it's just a question of finding them and preparing them. It might sound daunting but trust me it is fun when you get the hang of it. I read this very excellent tutorial (see link) and have never looked back.http://www.john-goodwin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page4frame.htmlTristan