Sign in to follow this  
Jetstream96

How about wilco A330/A340 series?

Recently, I am finding a new aircraft for long hual. How do you think about Wilco's airbus series evo vol.2? I know it's systems are the most realistic by now, although 3D modeling is not very nice. Having tried A380 from wilco a few months ago, I have several questions to ask:1) Is there still annoying FCDU bug which will lead to a "holding" while no holding is commanded?2) I would like a merge with CLS or Project Airbus. Someone can give me a well-operating merge(with VC)?3) How about performance data like fuel consumption, range, TO/LDG distance, and brakes, ect.Thanks for your suggestion.

I see you're flying NGX... don't expect anything remotly similar from Wilco. I don't have anything nice to say about Wilco so I won't say anything more.
I don't expect wilco to match pmdg's standards, of course. I know some systems are not simulated, like a few buttons on overhead panel or something else. I just want to check if there is any significant or annoying bug which will bring me great inconvenience. I want to fly airbus... Edited by davidchen9568

I don't expect wilco to match pmdg's standards, of course. I know some systems are not simulated, like a few buttons on overhead panel or something else. I just want to check if there is any significant or annoying bug which will bring me great inconvenience. I want to fly airbus...
David, if you do a search on this forum, you should find some threads relating to the Wilco line of Airbus products. If you are not expecting PSS or PMDG quality, then you should be fine. However, Wilco support is found to be wanting, so any help would be mostly here from other wilco users. I can tell you with my hand on my heart, they are not the best out there, but if you want a A340 etc, they are the only ones out there. Just don't expect too much. Edited by ZK-SUH

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I don't expect wilco to match pmdg's standards, of course. I know some systems are not simulated, like a few buttons on overhead panel or something else. I just want to check if there is any significant or annoying bug which will bring me great inconvenience. I want to fly airbus...
I used to fly both the wilco buses, and if I remember correctly the Vol 2 A330/A340 package was more buggy than Vol 1. There were some problems with maintaining the correct attitude and lining up on approach. In the end I gave up in frustration. The A320 always seemed more reliable, and I quite enjoyed that.That probably doesn't help you much, as you're after a long haul bird, but my advice would be to pass it up. If it's anything like my experience you'll be tearing your hair out. It's a shame, as IMHO the stretched A340 is a beautiful aircraft.Maybe - perhaps in my lifetime - we'll finally get that range of Airbuses many of us have been waiting for for so long.. :smile:Ian

I think someone else is making a A380 sim software not sure who or release date it's a German site I think, I'm looking out for that of anyone knows ? Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I found the Wilco Airbus Vol. 2 to be very similar to Vol. 1. It all sort of works. What I find really problematic with Vol 2 however, is that I was never able to get panel saving to work. With Vol 1 it did work, with Vol 2 not. Never quite understood why... As for your specific questions:1) Never seen this.2) There's no merge "ready" for you, you'll have to try and see for yourself. I can recommend Thomas Ruth's models. I find those the simplest, because they are native FSX models. You can then simply merge the Wilco VC wiuth the Thomas Ruth exterior model.3) What exactly do you want to know about this?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think someone else is making a A380 sim software not sure who or release date it's a German site I think, I'm looking out for that of anyone knows ? Wayne
NLS - Next Level Simulations.I wonder how far they've come because their forum is still offline..On Topic,I use to fly Wilco A320 and it was alright. I can't remember if I had any problems with it.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I found the Wilco Airbus Vol. 2 to be very similar to Vol. 1. It all sort of works. What I find really problematic with Vol 2 however, is that I was never able to get panel saving to work. With Vol 1 it did work, with Vol 2 not. Never quite understood why... As for your specific questions:1) Never seen this.2) There's no merge "ready" for you, you'll have to try and see for yourself. I can recommend Thomas Ruth's models. I find those the simplest, because they are native FSX models. You can then simply merge the Wilco VC wiuth the Thomas Ruth exterior model.3) What exactly do you want to know about this?
Thanks your information is helpful. I did some research and I have learned how to merge with another exterior model. Maybe I will take your advice, will merge Wilco VC+ Thomas Ruth models. If the first question does not exist, then I will not worry too much. (Because I have experienced similar problem form Wilco.)

I used to fly both the wilco buses, and if I remember correctly the Vol 2 A330/A340 package was more buggy than Vol 1. There were some problems with maintaining the correct attitude and lining up on approach. In the end I gave up in frustration. The A320 always seemed more reliable, and I quite enjoyed that.That probably doesn't help you much, as you're after a long haul bird, but my advice would be to pass it up. If it's anything like my experience you'll be tearing your hair out. It's a shame, as IMHO the stretched A340 is a beautiful aircraft.Maybe - perhaps in my lifetime - we'll finally get that range of Airbuses many of us have been waiting for for so long.. :smile:Ian
Anyway thanks for your opinion. I was a long haul bird with PSS 777 before. After moving to FSX, I need to find another aircraft for long hual, but maybe I will not fly it very very often. Although there is no airbus addon which can be compared to PMDG's quality, I think Wilco is the better one by now. Airbuses are charming and interesting, too. :(

David, if you do a search on this forum, you should find some threads relating to the Wilco line of Airbus products. If you are not expecting PSS or PMDG quality, then you should be fine. However, Wilco support is found to be wanting, so any help would be mostly here from other wilco users. I can tell you with my hand on my heart, they are not the best out there, but if you want a A340 etc, they are the only ones out there. Just don't expect too much.
I think I should be fine with Wilco airbus. I understand they are not the best but they are the only choice. Sometimes I just need different flight experience so... that's fine. Thank you.