Sign in to follow this  

Thank you, Microsoft!

If nothing else, Microsoft FS has given me value.The cost of a my new piano, bought three years ago at £15,000 average usage 2 hours per evening and six hours during the weekend. The cost of a my new car, £20,000 bought 6 months ago, average usage 1.5 hours per day.The cost of a my new garden pond and water feature £5,000, average usage 10 mins per evening (very good Karma though).The running cost of my wife...lets not go there.The cost of FS9 £30, bought 6 years ago average usage 1 hour per night and 5 hours over the weekend.So yes thank you Microsoft or Lord William of Gates for providing me with excellent value.

Guest jahman
No matter how you look at it, things can ONLY get better, not worse (really!), so... thanks!
You do realize that statement is also true if Flight was not developed? If Microsoft didn't even exist? If Bruce Artwick hadn't been born?Yes, Mother Teresa said the key to happiness was setting your expectations all the way down to zero. But I don't think there are any Mother Teresas on this forum or in this hobby.
Do you really believe 3rd party developer are doing what they do because they "Feel the love for you?" They are no different than MS or me as far as that goes!
You can't be serious! You are comparing a string of underfunded, owner-operated add-on developers with a Megacorporation with billions in cash on its balance sheet. As I said, you can't be serious.And it's not "the love for us", it's for the hobby of flight simming (but I'm sure you knew that).Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

love its gone when money gets on the way :( :( :( ....

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

The cost of a my new garden pond and water feature £5,000, average usage 10 mins per evening (very good Karma though).
:( you have a pond with water feature.....is there fish in it?? dirol.gif

If nothing else, Microsoft FS has given me value.The cost of a my new piano, bought three years ago at £15,000 average usage 2 hours per evening and six hours during the weekend. The cost of a my new car, £20,000 bought 6 months ago, average usage 1.5 hours per day.The cost of a my new garden pond and water feature £5,000, average usage 10 mins per evening (very good Karma though).The running cost of my wife...lets not go there.The cost of FS9 £30, bought 6 years ago average usage 1 hour per night and 5 hours over the weekend.So yes thank you Microsoft or Lord William of Gates for providing me with excellent value.
We all can agree with this especially when compared to the cost of real world training... :smile:My hope is future generations of prospective pilots have a tool like the one we've enjoyed. With the right periphrials and add-ons FS9/FSX are great training plateforms...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I am sincerely grateful for Microsoft to even THINK about doing something again with flying games/sims. The fact that a new product is about to be released should get us all excited! What is WRONG with this world that this results in so much negativity...? I am truly amazed.
And I am getting tired of it. You will now see some posts in this thread missing. Politics and continued negativism repeated ad nauseam every time an opportunity presents itself is not acceptable.
I think the negativety is not from what has been lost, but more from disappointment for what Flight appears to be as opposed to what it could have been. I can almost guarantee that everyone on this forum wanted MS Flight to be another simulator, and because at first glance it doesn't appear like this is the case, then comes the dissapointment/negativety.
Yes, sure. But how many times does it have to be repeated by the same individuals in multiple forums accross the entire forum? Answer: Once.
Should the people be denied civil expression if others are upset by negative comments? North Korea is a great haven for those that seek only positive thoughts.
Dick, you have been around these forums to know better than to bring in the free speach rubric. And the comment about North Korea is equally unacceptable.

And I am getting tired of it. You will now see some posts in this thread missing. Politics and continued negativism repeated ad nauseam every time an opportunity presents itself is not acceptable.
I agree with politics having no place in this forum, but if you remove the negative posts, you will have 2% of the posts left and they will certainly not represent the views of this community as a whole.

I agree with politics having no place in this forum, but if you remove the negative posts, you will have 2% of the posts left and they will certainly not represent the views of this community as a whole.
I am referring to the users who deem it their privelage to enter any and all topics at will and trash MS, the product... repeatedly. One of those is now gone.

Should the people be denied civil expression if others are upset by negative comments? North Korea is a great haven for those that seek only positive thoughts.
:( :(

Do you really believe 3rd party developer are doing what they do because they "Feel the love for you?" They are no different than MS or me as far as that goes!
No. I believe they do it because they feel love for what they do. They have a passion and inspiration for aircraft. That is certainly true of developers like A2A and the people behind Project Tupolev. That's the difference. Not all developers are like that of course, but the best ones are. Of course some make money at it, too. Everyone needs to live!

I've read that Microsoft does scan this forum, so to bring things a bit into balance, I'd like to say: Thank you, Microsoft, for...1. ...giving us FS and all those years of pleasure.2. ...creating MS Flight: even though we don't yet really know what it will bring us, it's something new. You didn't have to do anything at all when it comes to flight simming/gaming, but you did, so thank you for that.No matter how you look at it, things can ONLY get better, not worse (really!), so... thanks!
It is good to see a positive scope on this, I agree that we are yet to know what it will bring us!
:( :(
Without negative thoughts, our society would be primative. Our leaders could not think criticallly and tweak new ideas!

Flight :( :( Happy Thoughts, Happy Thoughts. :( Flight. I give up... :ph34r:Hey like someone else said let's just be happy with what we have either FSX or FS9. B)

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I've read that Microsoft does scan this forum, so to bring things a bit into balance, I'd like to say: Thank you, Microsoft, for...1. ...giving us FS and all those years of pleasure.2. ...creating MS Flight: even though we don't yet really know what it will bring us, it's something new. You didn't have to do anything at all when it comes to flight simming/gaming, but you did, so thank you for that.No matter how you look at it, things can ONLY get better, not worse (really!), so... thanks!
Well said Jeroen. I am grateful that they have spawned this hobby for me and look forward to whatever the future holds (besides old age, losing my teeth, going blind from sitting too close to the monitor and things like that).Kind regards,

Thank you Microsoft, for FSX, which is still arguably the best Consumer Flight Sim, that caters to all abilities.Thank you Microsoft, for FLIGHT, a fun looking Archade Games, that I am sure many will download for free, and enjoy playing with.Thank you Microsoft, for not making FLIGHT, an "updated" FSX .. ie attempting to rush out a "FS-ELEVEN".Why ?Because finally, after a number of years of Product Stability, Addon Developers and Computers have allowed FSX to start reaching its full potential. ( even if somewhat limited by todays standards)FS-ELEVEN, would have endangered that Stability, and probably have brought about a repeat of the Chaos and confustion that the many changes of FSX's RTM, SP1, and SP2 caused.Maybe, in an ideal world, we would have seen FS-ELEVEN is 3-5 years, as a completely new "Simulator", designed from the "Ground up" (and maybe the Ground Down - ie Underwater), to take advantage of modern computers, graphics, operating systems etc... but here in 2012, that is difficult to imagine happening for many years, if ever.My prediction is that MANY will download the Free "MS Flight"., and get inspired and interested in flying. , After a time, they will want MORE .. not get it from FLIGHT, and will move "UP" to FSX.GREAT for FSX, its users, and it's addon developers. !!! ( which is want most current FSX FS enthusiasts really should want ?)WIN-WIN situation all around -- Thanks Microsoft -- EVERYONE will be happy ( once they realize and accept that FLIGHT is NOT FS-ELEVEN)

Edited by FSMP

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.