Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Problem with shaders (I think)...

Hi,After installing Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod, I decided to uninstall it again, because the water animation was static (using REX OD "Orderly" water animation). And I dunno how I can change it. I know I have to tweak the WaterConstants.xml file in my FSX root folder but I dunno what I should change. Well, the readme said, that when you uninstall the Shader 3.0 mod, that everything will be reset to default again (so back to Shader 2.0). So I uninstalled it, and FSX was ###### entirely. The sun was a square, the water was black, the aircraft piecies of the 737NGX where all over the place... I know this is not NGX related, but as this is a quite populated forum I know I will get this fixed with the help of some people here.All I need is someone that can email the me their ShadersHLSL folder, and their WaterConstants.xml file, both of these are located in your FSX root folder. Both are really small folder and files (around 800 kb). If you can help me, please PM me and I'll give you my email address.Thanks in advance!!!Arjen.

Yes. The shader cache is found in your App Data/Local (not roaming) folder. Delete both shader folders in there.The FSX forum is very populated, btw. It doesn't help that everyone shares the attitude "I'll post in here it's busier". :(

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Yes, shader cache, not scenery cache... At 32 I'm already having "senior moments."

Yes. The shader cache is found in your App Data/Local (not roaming) folder. Delete both shader folders in there.The FSX forum is very populated, btw. It doesn't help that everyone shares the attitude "I'll post in here it's busier". :(
Deleting the shader cache folders from .../Local/Microsoft/FSX did not work. When I startup FSX, the Trike is just black, and all its parts are all over the place. Same for the NGX. I read somewhere that this could have something to do with a mismatch between the WaterConstants.xml file and the ShadersHLSL folder. So I think I can fix the problem if someone who has no Bojote Shader 3.0 mod installed, can email me their ShadersHLSL and WaterConstants.xml file, both located in your FSX root folder. Both are really small files (only around 800 kb). I hope someone can do this for me. :)

Please, could someone please send me their default WaterConstants.xml and ShadersHLSL folder? I asked at the MS FSX forums, but still no respond (because it's not a populated forum).

Have sent you a PM.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.