Sign in to follow this  

Busy Skies

Sure is busy around here this morning in Fresno... I went outside for a smoke, and I saw no less than 10 contrails and a couple of GA planes coming over my house at about 2,000 AGL. Neat stuff.

Back in the early 70's, I remember looking up from my home in Napa and spotting about 20-30 contrails and hearing several sonic booms....far above the norm of one or two (contrails, that is). I never heard a clear story, but I remember hearing it claimed that one of our satellites was "blinded" by the Russians, and as a result aircraft were scrambled. Have no idea whether it was true, but I remember the sight very well.Fresno of course is at or near several important airways... How that city has grown, too!-John

Thats strange, in the late 1980's I faintly remember (I was young) seeing fighters in the sky over St. Petersburg Russia, they said that it was "Nuclear Attack Drill" but it seemed more 'intense' then the regular drills they did. Something must of spooked em :-hmmmBest Regards Derek Beal :-wavePROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D

you should come to Belgium,the most overflown piece of land on earth(according to statistics)If I'm lucky on a summerday I sometimes spot as many as 20 contrails