Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

in case of an engine failure

Hey fallows,after seeing all of his vodeos :

one question always pop up, what is the point in case of an engine failure, i mean he always talk what to do in case of engine failure, where does he get this information? i really want to know what to do in case of an engine failure for certain airports, where can i know that and what to do in case of fail? thanks in advance , kind regards.

Airlines come up with their own plan for engine failure or hire an outside company to do the engineering work.

Matt Cee

At airports without terrain issues, its usually just climb on runway heading until you're above MSA (or some other company prescribe altitude) and then you can accept vectors for an approach or navigate somewhere.If there is a terrain problem, then engineers look at the single engine climb performance and find a route that gives you the best clearance. Your takeoff weights will depend on this.It's a lot more complicated than this, of course, but I won't pretend to understand it! :)

Matt Cee

One of your best options is Navigraph for charts (They tend to give you an Engine out SID if available) and TOPCAT to get your correct VR (single engine obstacle clearance speed)Regards

Rob Prest

One of your best options is Navigraph for charts (They tend to give you an Engine out SID if available) and TOPCAT to get your correct VR (single engine obstacle clearance speed)Regards
thanks mate(:

Dead foot dead engine! Identify, Verify, Feather... Flaps up and gear up, stick your head between your legs and kiss your sweet $#@ goodby.Oh wait, sorry that was for a light twin.

Rob, surely you mean V2?
Hehe, second time I did that yesterday. Yes of course V2 :)Btw I also noticed TOPCAT gives you the engine out SID if available.Regards

Rob Prest