Sign in to follow this  
Fede.

Active Sky Evolution causes "strobe" effects

HiI'm a big fan of active sky evolution which i purchased a few days ago but i have a strange problem; sometimes, when ASE is active, the sky (and the sea if i'm flying over it) start to "beat" like a strobe effect and this causes me low frames!it's very annoying..I unistalled ASE, fsx, and formatted the pc but nothing changed..I'm using REX and i have the graphics drivers up to date. (285,62) my specs are: Intel i7 2600K @3.4ghz, Asus P8Z68 V-PRO, NVIDIA GTX 580, Corsair 8gb DDR3 1600, Win 7 Professional.please helpThanksFederico

Try DWC mode, this does not cause any flashing effects when the weather is updating.

HiI'm a big fan of active sky evolution which i purchased a few days ago but i have a strange problem; sometimes, when ASE is active, the sky (and the sea if i'm flying over it) start to "beat" like a strobe effect and this causes me low frames!it's very annoying..I unistalled ASE, fsx, and formatted the pc but nothing changed..I'm using REX and i have the graphics drivers up to date. (285,62) my specs are:Intel i7 2600K @3.4ghz, Asus P8Z68 V-PRO, NVIDIA GTX 580, Corsair 8gb DDR3 1600, Win 7 Professional.please helpThanksFederico
This behaviour is a side-effect of the SimConnect interface of FSX. Since FSX and thus SimConnect is no longer being supported by Microsoft, we will have to live with that limitation using STANDARD depiction.Use of DWC or SMOOTH depiction will eliminate the "strobe" effect you describe because the way information is sent to FSX in these modes is different.It is not by-product of AS2012, ASE or any other weather making engine, so re-installation will only waste your time.Good luck!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png