Sign in to follow this  
ress

PC-12 Startup ans TR

Recently installled the PC-12 FSX version which I like very much, however I have two questions about he PC-12.I read in an old post about the requirement to first start up with a FSX default airplane before loading the PC-12, if I want to start at for ex. a ramp spot at MEM and do an IFR flight, exactly what steps do I follow to do that properly?Second the Trim indicators do not seem to move when trying to set trim for takeoff, or for any aileron trim also. If I hold the Yoke button for elevator trim continiously in either direction I get a warning out of trim indication, all I can do is back off some trim umtil the warning stops, but I do not know what the trim is set to.How can I set the trim for takeoff?I would appreciate any help.Ress

Recently installled the PC-12 FSX version which I like very much, however I have two questions about he PC-12.I read in an old post about the requirement to first start up with a FSX default airplane before loading the PC-12, if I want to start at for ex. a ramp spot at MEM and do an IFR flight, exactly what steps do I follow to do that properly?Second the Trim indicators do not seem to move when trying to set trim for takeoff, or for any aileron trim also. If I hold the Yoke button for elevator trim continiously in either direction I get a warning out of trim indication, all I can do is back off some trim umtil the warning stops, but I do not know what the trim is set to.How can I set the trim for takeoff?I would appreciate any help.Ress
Select the airport and location and time that you want to fly from and load the flight with the ultralite or cessna... when all is loaded and stable use select aircraft to load the PC-12 of your choice. The PC-12 uses an autotrim system - you don't need to adjust anything for trim in any phase of flight.DJ Edited by ubersu

Select the airport and location and time that you want to fly from and load the flight with the ultralite or cessna... when all is loaded and stable use select aircraft to load the PC-12 of your choice. The PC-12 uses an autotrim system - you don't need to adjust anything for trim in any phase of flight.DJ
You can view the trim settings from the VC. They are displayed on a gauge down by the throttle.See page 26 of the manual.KW

Select the airport and location and time that you want to fly from and load the flight with the ultralite or cessna... when all is loaded and stable use select aircraft to load the PC-12 of your choice. The PC-12 uses an autotrim system - you don't need to adjust anything for trim in any phase of flight.DJ
So this plane could not be used with Air Hauler !? Since AH loads a flight with the selected plane to use. Valid question for me since I have considered the Pilatus explicitely to be used with AH.

Why don't you try it and see, what have you got to lose. As far as starting up goes the standard procedure with a new aircraft is to load the MS default flight and start it. When ready select the PC12 to replace the stock aircraft (you can then move the aircraft to any airfield you want). When you are happy save the flight as your standard PC-12 startup flight and select that flight in the future when you want to fly the PC-12 (you can always change the time, date location after the flight is loaded).Good luck with AH.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

So this plane could not be used with Air Hauler !? Since AH loads a flight with the selected plane to use. Valid question for me since I have considered the Pilatus explicitely to be used with AH.
Frankly, if you start and end a default flight first, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use Air Hauler or just load the PC-12 and fly - the purpose of the default flight is to load over a known base state. The loading problems come when you've just flown a complex add-on and left FS in an unknown state or when you attempt to load over a complex add-on that has set FS state variables to it's own purposes. While it's a lovely plane and one of my favorites, the PC-12 really isn't all that complex.DJ

Why don't you try it and see, what have you got to lose. As far as starting up goes the standard procedure with a new aircraft is to load the MS default flight and start it. When ready select the PC12 to replace the stock aircraft (you can then move the aircraft to any airfield you want). When you are happy save the flight as your standard PC-12 startup flight and select that flight in the future when you want to fly the PC-12 (you can always change the time, date location after the flight is loaded).Good luck with AH.
No you can't do like this in AH. In AH you have to tell it to start FSX (FS9) from inside AH and then it starts up by directly loading a flight it has created. So if you wan't to use PC12 AH will load the flight with a PC12 at launch of FSX.

over a known base state. The loading problems come when you've just flown a complex add-on and left FS in an unknown state or when you attempt to load over a complex add-on that has set FS state variables to it's own purposes. While it's a lovely plane and one of my favorites, the PC-12 really isn't all that complex.DJ
But with AH you havn't flewn anything before the AH flight launches. So maybe it is possible after all?I have read that one problem with this plane is that when starting from cold the plane goes up to full thrust initially making the plane move. What can be done about this? I have this problem in the Quest Kodiak and it annoys me.

But with AH you havn't flewn anything before the AH flight launches. So maybe it is possible after all?I have read that one problem with this plane is that when starting from cold the plane goes up to full thrust initially making the plane move. What can be done about this? I have this problem in the Quest Kodiak and it annoys me.
It should be OK... The spool up is not a problem of the PC-12 - it's a feature of the poor turboprop modeling in FS and most turboprops will do it to some extent. Hit the brakes, and pull the condition lever to idle and it will be fine; just don't forget to put the lever to the flight position before takeoff.DJ

The PC-12 works great with AH, although the turboprop issue with FSX does rear its ugly head from time to time...the PC-12 does seem more vulnerable to the problem than the other turbos in my "fleet". I have a little AH company that runs a Duke Turbine, Kodiak, Twotter, 208 (Carenado), and the PC-12. I run my AH installation in "WideFS" mode (it's an option in AH) even though it's all on the same machine...allows me to run FSX independent of AH. I'll start up FSX with a flight saved from my last landing (usually in the Twotter...love that plane) and then run AH and run the cargo, switching between aircraft whenever I feel like it. AH doesn't care how you do it as long as you do it in the right aircraft, at the right airport, and with the proper fuel/payload. AH loads the fuel and cargo on the fly (it usually pauses FSX after sending the loadout so you can double check it) while I use EFB (networked to another laptop) to shoot flightplans over to FSX...I'll often have EFB load the "AH.pln" and mod it from there). Pretty trouble free experience overall.There's only been a few times where I needed to load up a default aircraft to "reset" things...otherwise, FSX always starts up with my last landing/aircraft (I always save it as the "default" when shutting FSX down).

Edited by Burnspot

Why don't you nip over to the Just Flight forum, check out the Airhauler sub forum and have a word with Slopey. [The developer] You will find we are a very friendly bunch.Slopey mentioned to me yesterday that he likes the PC-12 himself in Airhauler.P.S. If this is the F1 PC-12, it does not model auto-trim. You adjust the trim like any other add-on, with num lock off and the 7 and 1 keys.http://forum.justflight.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=33&SID=b36a153afza53d65f5a87f5258da1fc8

Why don't you nip over to the Just Flight forum, check out the Airhauler sub forum and have a word with Slopey. [The developer] You will find we are a very friendly bunch.Slopey mentioned to me yesterday that he likes the PC-12 himself in Airhauler.P.S. If this is the F1 PC-12, it does not model auto-trim. You adjust the trim like any other add-on, with num lock off and the 7 and 1 keys.http://forum.justfli...5a87f5258da1fc8
It is the F1 PC-12 and it needs no trim inputs from the user.DJ

(it's an option in AH) even though it's all on the same machine...allows me to run FSX independent of AH. I'll start up FSX with a flight saved from my last landing (usually in the Twotter...love that plane) and then run AH and run the cargo, switching between aircraft whenever I feel like it. AH doesn't care how you do it as long as you do it in the right aircraft, at the right airport, and with the proper fuel/payload.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'switching between aircraft whenever I feel like it' since AH requires you to do it in the right aircraft.BTW What is EFB?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'switching between aircraft whenever I feel like it' since AH requires you to do it in the right aircraft.BTW What is EFB?
Oh, I don't switch mid-flight or anything like that, just between AH flights and only between the aircraft in my AH fleet. 95% of the time, it can be done without needing to restart FSX or load up a default plane. AH in WideFS mode makes it easy.EFB is the "Electronic Flight Bag" from http://www.aivlasoft.com/ . It's a pretty awesome bit of software. Edited by Burnspot

The PC-12 works great with AH, although the turboprop issue with FSX does rear its ugly head from time to
From time to time? When does it and when does it not? When it does how bad is it? One poster said it was no problem. I'm asking this since this might very well be a go or no go decision factor for me.