Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elcedo

PSS 777 Air New Zealand Paint

I got the PSS 777 3 years ago, but it wasn't until today that I noticed that the original PSS Air New Zealand 777-200 LR paintjob was simply pasted onto a (way too large) 777-300 model. The result is that the front of the plane, as well as the back of the plane aren't painted.I'm not a genius with modding original aircraft files. That's why I'm posting this on the forum, to see if anyone can help me:Is there a way too simply alter the paint job on a PSS 777 (for instance,replace it by a posky paint job)? Because I've noticed that the Posky texture map is filled with a ton of files (.bmp) whereas the PSS texture map only contains 4 or 5. (I'm also asking this in general, I have a really cool United 777 from posky that i'd like to combine with a PSS panel, but I can't find any decent merges out there. So I'd thought simply pasting the textures of the posky job into the texture map of the PSS which obviously didn't work)Or would there be a way to change the model (pss 777-300 to pss 777-200)I'd appreciate your help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Weird tat Phoenix did that, but hey ho life goes on. For the repaint problem it sounds like the paint is just assigned to the wrong model. There could be 2 ways to fix this. Either:1. Go into the PSS 777 folder, look at the model folders. They should be something like "model.200LR" "model.300ER" (you get the idea). If the addon is installed like that, then go into the config, find the NZ repaint section and change the model line ("model=300ER" for instance) to whatever the 200 model was. So if the 200 model folder was "model.200LR" then you should put in the config "model=200LR".2. The aircraft may be installed in different folders from the root "FS9Aircraft" folder. E.G "PSS Boeing 777-200" and "PSS Boeing 777-300" as different folders. If so, find the 300 one. Then cut and past the NZ repaint folder to the 200 aircraft's folder, then cut and paste the repaint lines from the 300 aircraft config to the 200 aircraft config. As for the panel merge, it's a weird story. I've found some YouTube videos with it, so it's possible, you'll just need to search around a bit. I'm no expert on merging.

Thanks for the reply.... As you suggested, it was split up in 773 and 772 folders within the FS9 Aircraft folder.The technique worked, but I had to rename a couple of files in the texture folder as well (from 773 to 772). Otherwise it showed up in the PSS 777 LR folder within the 'select aircraft' screen, but without any paintjob at all :)Thanks again!

I just wanted to chime in and note that I also have the PSS 777, but Air New Zealand paints on my system are fine. The B772LR (ZK-OKA) and B773ER (ZK-NER) display correctly. I can only suggest that something went awry with the OP's install.