Sign in to follow this  
Jen

Livery Manager...download problem

I've had big problems trying to download the American airlines 737-800WL and get it to populate in the Installed Liveries block section of the PMDG Livery Manager which has the various PMDG default 737's in it. My downloaded ptp file of the American Airlines is already located in my documents file in WIndows7 as being there. When I go into the PMDG Livery Manager and click on "Select Livery to Install", I get the following action: "Extracting equipment_decal.dds..." and then the screen goes from readable to a faded background and after a few minutes it spits out the following message: "PMDG Livery_Manager.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the progtram to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I never got a solution to the problem and have tried this process several times and haven't succeeded. I also tried turning off my McAfee security and still haven't got it to download into the PMDG Installed Liveries block in their Livery Manager.Does anybody know wherein my problem lies?? :Thinking:Regards,jen noulet

I thought about what you just mentioned and downloaded the Delta 800 WL and got the same results. I have never experienced problems like this with my MD-11. I'm just wandering if anybody else has any ideas before I revert to the ole' PMDG ticket scenerio as this has obviously become a very perplexing problem to me. Anymore ideas out there?? :Idea:Regards,jen noulet

Very interesting thing I discovered when reviewing 2D comments on the forum concerning the outside view being too close. Upon inspection of my FSXsimobjectsairplanespmdg737-800 NGXpanel...........I discovered I don't have an 'Airplanes' section in this FSX folder.....Could this be the problem and if so, the download that PMDG sent to me is possibly suspect....Anybody care to comment? I still have 5 days left to download the software again per the PMDG website....Also, if I do download, should I download it to C:FSX directory instead of the default and will this make a major difference? Regards,jen noulet

If you're going to reinstall fsx then yes, install it to c:fsx, but that's a last resort. Are you running the livery manager as asmin?

Where would I look to see if I'm running the livery manager as 'Admin' ? jen noulet

Yes, I looked in my User Accounts section in Wins7 and I am indeed running my computer as 'Administrator'..Regards,jen noulet

No, right click the livery manager and select "run as admin"Beig an administrative user isn't quite the same thing

Edited by MrKen

Mr. Ken, ^_^Thank you very much for your input to solving what seemed to be an never-ending issue with the 'Livery Manager'. I right-clicked on the livery mgr and selected 'run as admin' and it worked.Regards,jen noulet

That's because of the permissions in C:Program Files (x86), perfect example of why it's better to install FSX somewhere else.Glad you got it working.