Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

FSX + NGX : Some Performances "Tip-Tips" . A new FSX experience

see my spec in my signature, they are very different from yours.....furthermore i really don't understand how you get single digit fps in fsx. Iwas running fsx on an iMac 27 2,8ghz and never get something lower than 15fps. Let me add that my density and autogen are set to normal and water settings to low 2x or something like that
Yeah, I'm at the (really) bad end of the hardware world, and really did this just to see what ridiculously low number I could get. Even if FSX looks silk smooth, its still around 12 FPS, 8 is only happening because I'm at BOS, which I will be leaving shortly for LFPG.

Mine doesn't. I've never had a crash during alt+enter.
you're a very lucky ! anyway these settings work extremely well on my rig and the windowed mode does help a lot without reducing the image quality so don't feel concerned about that issue sorry.
Yeah, I'm at the (really) bad end of the hardware world, and really did this just to see what ridiculously low number I could get. Even if FSX looks silk smooth, its still around 12 FPS, 8 is only happening because I'm at BOS, which I will be leaving shortly for LFPG.
nice flight !

bakaman, I feel you are misleading people a little bit: the mode provides, in FSX, very little quality for quite a lot of performance drop. I think it simply overdoes where it shouldn't. But that's me and my experience.

bakaman, I feel you are misleading people a little bit: the mode provides, in FSX, very little quality for quite a lot of performance drop. I think it simply overdoes where it shouldn't. But that's me and my experience.
sorry for those experiencing fps drops..... my experience is different and allows me to reach good fps. i don't think "misleading" is appropriate. I've just posted my settings if you are not happy with them just roll back to what you got before. there is nothing else i can say. we all have different settings. I see you are at 5ghz right? i have always been below that but "it seems" that i getter better results. its all about tweaking i guess. If you want to test exactly the settings i have , PM me and we'll try. Edited by bakaman

I have i7 930 OC ot 3.02 with 6gb ram, with GTX 470 oc 20%, used you setting with nivida control panel, what did you set your FSX filtering and anti aliasing to????

Ray Vlasek

Really I think the 4.9 Ghz overclock in this case has much more to do with the performance improvement than the NVidia settings..

I have a similar system to the OP:2600K at 4.7Gigabyte Z68A16GB 1600Mgz RAMGTX 580 ('Super' Overclocked)Coolermaster V8On my modest 22" screen I see a very nice increase in visual quality, but I also see a frame drop of around 5-10 when on the ground. I am yet to run a few flights to see how this performs over the whole flight but at the moment it seems to work well.I will note however that frames are much more stable - I see 36-45 in thunderstorms, on the ground, in the VC at defaul JFK (my test airports for tweaks are JFK, LHR and LAX - frames at these airports make my final decision on tweaks haha). Before this it was a little higher, but more jumpy. Nice work bakaman!

Edited by Tyler_J

Oh man, I just stopped doing this a while back. Thanks and all but everyones system is so different you are allways going to get different results. Windowed mode or no, phasers set to stun, hyperwarp plasma detection set to OU812, its never ending. I think we all need to find out own path. Your Nvidia Inspector is very different than Nicks and his made a world of difference. Not to say yours is not better, it very well may be. It's just that I for one am tired and weary and just want to fly the damn thing.Chasin the dragon of the ultamit FSX. Just buy a fast machine and barge through it with sheer brute force!None of the comments here are necesarily the opinions of any of my sponsors or affiliates.

sorry for those experiencing fps drops..... my experience is different and allows me to reach good fps. i don't think "misleading" is appropriate. I've just posted my settings if you are not happy with them just roll back to what you got before. there is nothing else i can say. we all have different settings. I see you are at 5ghz right? i have always been below that but "it seems" that i getter better results. its all about tweaking i guess. If you want to test exactly the settings i have , PM me and we'll try.
Quite, one can always revert back. But did you take the compare shots of the dropping quality between the shots? That can't be omitted... the line smoothness on the displays is major, and the readibility on the engine N1 is impossible.

Oh man, I just stopped doing this a while back. Thanks and all but everyones system is so different you are allways going to get different results. Windowed mode or no, phasers set to stun, hyperwarp plasma detection set to OU812, its never ending. I think we all need to find out own path. Your Nvidia Inspector is very different than Nicks and his made a world of difference. Not to say yours is not better, it very well may be. It's just that I for one am tired and weary and just want to fly the damn thing.Chasin the dragon of the ultamit FSX. Just buy a fast machine and barge through it with sheer brute force!None of the comments here are necesarily the opinions of any of my sponsors or affiliates.
Lol, well said! I've wasted far too much of my life messing around with FSX settings in the past!I think a post of this ilk should be served with lashings of "YMMV".

Ed Haslam

There's was a point at which I finally reached perfect "balance" (I hate when people use that word with FSX systems) between visual IQ and performance. Somewhere after the NGX was released I found the perfect Inspector settings for me.32X AA is a bit much, especially when using hi-def clouds. Even for the 580 you're using. Personally I believe you're better off running 8xQ with a super sampling of choice (8x for me). This gives me crisp visuals and a nice margin of performance when the clouds get heavy.Either way, I'm glad you've reached to your "Simming Utopia"!

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I have i7 930 OC ot 3.02 with 6gb ram, with GTX 470 oc 20%, used you setting with nivida control panel, what did you set your FSX filtering and anti aliasing to????
Filtering is Anisotropic and aliasing is on . Try to lower a bit your Nvidia settings.
Really I think the 4.9 Ghz overclock in this case has much more to do with the performance improvement than the NVidia settings..
That's also what i think, but the smoothness and the fact that stutters are no longer here is due to my new Nvidida settings, and that is for sure.
I have a similar system to the OP:2600K at 4.7Gigabyte Z68A16GB 1600Mgz RAMGTX 580 ('Super' Overclocked)Coolermaster V8On my modest 22" screen I see a very nice increase in visual quality, but I also see a frame drop of around 5-10 when on the ground. I am yet to run a few flights to see how this performs over the whole flight but at the moment it seems to work well.I will note however that frames are much more stable - I see 36-45 in thunderstorms, on the ground, in the VC at defaul JFK (my test airports for tweaks are JFK, LHR and LAX - frames at these airports make my final decision on tweaks haha). Before this it was a little higher, but more jumpy.Nice work bakaman!
Glad it worked for you ! but sorry to see that you notice a drop of your fps. As you said it fps are more stable.
Quite, one can always revert back. But did you take the compare shots of the dropping quality between the shots? That can't be omitted... the line smoothness on the displays is major, and the readibility on the engine N1 is impossible.
For me smoothness and crisp image are here.

Have to agree here; the largest FSX gains are to be had with a larger CPU. I can gain around 10-15FPS at airports by going from 4.2-4.9Ghz (as I run now)Most of the Nvidia settings (and I would use Nhancer - never the Nvidia profile manager) will give you appearance-based improvements/degradation. Obv these will have an impact on FR but it is not nearly as pronounced as CPU; This is why ******* and all of the other tireless FSX after-market boffins out there have worked their magic. FSX should be running at 100-120FPS ALL THE TIME on systems like we have, but it doesn't, coz it's a dog. NGX is not nearly as bad a FR hog as other lesser payware out there...

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

oops sorry for you. very weird because for me it is just the opposite. windowed mode allows multitasking and is a way for me to avoid ctd. Whereas full screen mode forces me to alt+enter all the time resulting in ctd, graphical pbs. FSX HATES ALT+ENTER.
Apart from the fact that windowed mode makes my FSX experience more sluggish as compared to full-screen mode, I'm not a big friend of windowed mode because of the window borders. Kind of takes away from the immersion.

Dave P. Woycek

Windowed mode sucks..lose 30 FPS (I use Vsync though as I have a big, slow Dell 27"LCD panel which just loves to tear)

Edited by quadraspleen

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg