Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

FSX + NGX : Some Performances "Tip-Tips" . A new FSX experience

nHancer has been replaced by nVidia Inspector.nHancer and Inspector allow more granular control of the video settings

@ aceridgey: Nhancer activates a lot of dev-only D3D settings that are hidden in the Nvidia profile manager..NickN and a few over in the FSX forum have posted the correct settings. It makes a huge difference tpo the quality of the image..You can use the Nvidia profile manager if you like..It's not broken or anything. Most of the settinsg you use with Nhancer are there, but it's just not as configurable

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

For me smoothness and crisp image are here.
Please post a shot of that? NGX displays, like I did, zoom factor 0.60.

8xS or 8xSQ are far more aggressive / better looking AA modes than 32xCSAA. IMHO, you don't get a GTX580 to run this little AAKaman, what were your settings before this?have you tried one setting at a time? especially the maximum prerendered frames one

I sort of know how you feel. After years of flying with using a GTX 295 and spending hour after hour changing settings and at best it would still stutter and miss frames (even with sli disabled). Gone for a single GPU now and I really feel that this is how it should have been. I will still try some of the setting just out of curiosity but really am loving flying at the moment.Andy Blake

Edited by Andy10r

Please post a shot of that? NGX displays, like I did, zoom factor 0.60.
Like i said it before i'm a bit lazy these days but i'll try to make a simple video to show you how how she performs on my rig. Probably a my arrival at LAX. Just left KMIA.

8xS or 8xSQ are far more aggressive / better looking AA modes than 32xCSAA. IMHO, you don't get a GTX580 to run this little AA Kaman, what were your settings before this? have you tried one setting at a time? especially the maximum prerendered frames one
Actually i'm not looking for most fps killer settings but just what improves the sim quality. so since i'm happy with this config i won't change anything. Anyway before changing my settings my Nvidia control panel was set to default. And yes tried a couple of settings but none of them gave me these results in the past. It may take a long time before you get what you want with this sim thing. I often see people complaining about their FPS etc..... But even before building my own PC (with Ryan help), i was quite happy with the frames i got on my quad core iMac clocked to 2,8GHz. Its all about tweaking your rig step by step in an intelligent way: the result in there and even with tons of sceneries or software i'm doin very well; i myself am really amazed by the perf i got. I don't apply to my fsx all people say here and there. i watch, listen and do my own sauce. I already have the max pre-rendered frames option. Edited by bakaman

Actually i'm not looking for most fps killer settings but just what improves the sim quality. so since i'm happy with this config i won't change anything. Anyway before changing my settings my Nvidia control panel was set to default. And yes tried a couple of settings but none of them gave me these results in the past. It may take a long time before you get what you want with this sim thing. I often see people complaining about their FPS etc..... But even before building my own PC (with Ryan help), i was quite happy with the frames i got on my quad core iMac clocked to 2,8GHz. Its all about tweaking your rig step by step in an intelligent way: the result in there and even with tons of sceneries or software i'm doin very well; i myself am really amazed by the perf i got. I don't apply to my fsx all people say here and there. i watch, listen and do my own sauce. I already have the max pre-rendered frames option.
Have you tried tried this?http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Like i said it before i'm a bit lazy these days but i'll try to make a simple video to show you how how she performs on my rig. Probably a my arrival at LAX. Just left KMIA.
I don't need a video, besides, video is not the right representation of what I want to see. I need a shot, same like mine I did in one of previous posts.If you start posting posts like this on AVSIM, wanting basically to prove something, you must be ready to support your theory.

yeah thx. but I'm waiting for the official drivers to be released (they will come with a FRlimiter). still with my 285.62 version
afaik the limiter works from version 280.26 upwards, the CustomSettingNames_en-EN.xml has to be edited though.

yeah thx. but I'm waiting for the official drivers to be released (they will come with a FRlimiter). still with my 285.62 version
I mean the the Inspector settings for Antialiasing and all that stuff.Those settings posted by Ryan should look a lot better than 32x CSAA, and a GTX580 should have no issues at running 8xS or 8xSQI know 32x looks like it should be better IQ than 8xS since 32 > 8, but it doesn't work like that. They use different algorithms and the combined (multisampling + supersampling) modes in that thread make things look a lot better than coverage sampling antialiasingAlso many users have been having issues with those drivers you are using. I think the best ones are 275.33Of course if you're happy with it as it is now, just enjoy it

Its all about tweaking your rig step by step in an intelligent way: the result in there and even with tons of sceneries or software i'm doin very well; i myself am really amazed by the perf i got. I don't apply to my fsx all people say here and there. i watch, listen and do my own sauce. I already have the max pre-rendered frames option.
Quite, I fully agree. But this doesn't seem to be something your modes do. They are not quite intelligent as they, as I said, pull the performance way down, but provide least quality.There's something a FSX developer and NickN once said: there is no free lunch in FSX. It is a hungry beast. And if you want smooth gauges, no shimmering on some fine lines on the external model, you gotta use some special AA modes, which in return make the GPU work for its money. But those are not those of yours - at least not here.
Ummm, these settings that Ryan posted are applicable to any driver, including 285.62 - I think you misunderstood what Dario ment.

There's no way to good visual quality without supersampling AA modes.

Edited by kjng