Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

FSX + NGX : Some Performances "Tip-Tips" . A new FSX experience

There's no way to good visual quality without supersampling AA modes.
Quite correct. Edited by Kosta

I don't need a video, besides, video is not the right representation of what I want to see. I need a shot, same like mine I did in one of previous posts.If you start posting posts like this on AVSIM, wanting basically to prove something, you must be ready to support your theory.
Oh god ! please lets just don't go that way! Im not supporting any theory. I did some testings on my rig and i'm very happy with them, so i'm sharing thaTHAT'S IT ! You can try it or not: i respect your choice. It may work or not. If it does, i'll be happy for ya, if not, sorry ! Right now i'll be a video and if i'm in the mood you'll get the picture. Please calm down, I just dont want this topic to be locked. If you want to see the image quality check out my vids with the NGX on youtube. Lets relax, it is just a HOBBY!

I mean the the Inspector settings for Antialiasing and all that stuff.Those settings posted by Ryan should look a lot better than 32x CSAA, and a GTX580 should have no issues at running 8xS or 8xSQI know 32x looks like it should be better IQ than 8xS since 32 > 8, but it doesn't work like that. They use different algorithms and the combined (multisampling + supersampling) modes in that thread make things look a lot better than coverage sampling antialiasingAlso many users have been having issues with those drivers you are using. I think the best ones are 275.33Of course if you're happy with it as it is now, just enjoy it
thx for the tip but i knew it already. i found no big difference that's why i sticked to 32x csaa. But thx for explaining, i did not know how it works.

Oh god ! please lets just don't go that way! Im not supporting any theory. I did some testings on my rig and i'm very happy with them, so i'm sharing thaTHAT'S IT ! You can try it or not: i respect your choice. It may work or not. If it does, i'll be happy for ya, if not, sorry ! Right now i'll be a video and if i'm in the mood you'll get the picture. Please calm down, I just dont want this topic to be locked. If you want to see the image quality check out my vids with the NGX on youtube. Lets relax, it is just a HOBBY!
Kaman, just trying to help here. In this video of yours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIdSrNOtagQ&list=UUyRinPThmIzLj71iGwNPRxQ&index=1&feature=plcp

At 4:00 the shimmering in the cockpit displays and taxi lines in the ground is quite apparent. Your GTX580 can do a lot better than that :)Try Ryan's settings and you won't regret it, believe me
thx for the tip but i knew it already. i found no big difference that's why i sticked to 32x csaa. But thx for explaining, i did not know how it works.
If it didn't work out, that's probably the driver. Again, many are having difficulties to get AA working properly with those 285.XX drivers.You need 275.33 Edited by dazz

Hi guys, so what is the best way to achieve best image quality with not big loss in perfomance?I have i5 2500k @4.5 and GTX570 from gigabyte.Right now I am using setting via nv.inspector from simforums but when its overcast I get drops of 15-25fps...

Edited by FCOM

Hi guys, so what is the best way to achieve best image quality with not big loss in perfomance?I have i5 2500k @4.5 and GTX570 from gigabyte.Right now I am using setting via nv.inspector from simforums but when its overcast I get drops of 15-25fps...
post a screenshot of Inspector maximized please

Kaman, just trying to help here. In this video of yours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIdSrNOtagQ&list=UUyRinPThmIzLj71iGwNPRxQ&index=1&feature=plcp

At 4:00 the shimmering in the cockpit displays and taxi lines in the ground is quite apparent. Your GTX580 can do a lot better than that :)Try Ryan's settings and you won't regret it, believe meIf it didn't work out, that's probably the driver. Again, many are having difficulties to get AA working properly with those 285.XX drivers.You need 275.33
you are absolutely right ! But perfect AA does not exist. Because it has a cost: fps drop is that cost. I have to find the balanced config. However, i'll try what you said. The video you posted was using 271.... version. since then i upgraded. Furthermore I do not notice fps drops when in cloud, i got solid frames. It used to happen with my iMac but since i upgraded, i got a good experience with the sim. Edited by bakaman

Alright.Btw. I agree with Dario. In the video, around 4, where you go over the instruments, starting up engine etc... there are visible aliasings of the panel edges, aliasing on the gauge lines, shimmering of the trees, moire effect on the taxiways...GTX580 can do better :) Edited by Kosta

post a screenshot of Inspector maximized please
Cannot do it. I am in Alps now...I have fps drops with inspector 8xSQ, 8xS and 64 v12 Edited by FCOM

Alright.Btw. I agree with Dario. In the video, around 4, where you go over the instruments, starting up engine etc... there are visible aliasings of the panel edges, aliasing on the gauge lines, shimmering of the trees, moire effect on the taxiways...GTX580 can do better :)
Yes yes you are right. But its not obvious. And this video was made before i messed with my NVIDIA Control panel. I've started recording.

Yes yes you are right. But its not obvious. And this video was made before i messed with my NVIDIA Control panel. I've started recording.
I can't see your signature with rig specs. Where is it?

Bakaman, I made a quick video for you - as you can see, no visible shimmering on the trees, displays are quite good and no aliasing on the panel edges.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dprnF2tp5Q

Word Not Allowed, unfortunately u have lags while turning camera. I guess there will be much more at night and with overcast clouds from active sky.

Edited by FCOM