Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Avsim plans for Flight?

Once Flight is released, is Avsim going to host a forum and provide reviews and news on each new DLC released or will "Flight" be dropped from the site entirely? Just wondering...Thanks!

Interesting question, I am sure Tom can answer this.

Edited by speedbird2001

You are posting in the Flight forum so that pretty much answers that question.

You are posting in the Flight forum so that pretty much answers that question.
Jim... you beat me to it again!!! You live here or what???

Jim... you beat me to it again!!! You live here or what???
MLK Day is a great day!

Once Flight is released, is Avsim going to host a forum and provide reviews and news on each new DLC released or will "Flight" be dropped from the site entirely? Just wondering...Thanks!
Jim is not the most subtle individual in the world, and only slightly less subtle than me. :Whistle:To answer your question and expand on the answer a bit, yes, we are going to be doing everything we do for MSFS, X-Plane, etc. for FLIGHT as well. Why? Because first, we do not believe that MS can sustain a "social" place for FLIGHT enthusiasts to gather that won't be under the scrutiny of the legal beagles and stiff terms of participation.MORE IMPORTANTLY.... AVSIM is a simulation house. We try to eat, sleep and breath all things simulation. We didn't start out that way, but we are slowly getting there. If you look real close, you will see changes other than forums colors are being made.I hope that answers your question and those who also might have been curious...

hope that answers your question
Thanks Tom, it sure does! I personally haven't embraced Flight (okay I have been vocal about it)-- but it is good to know that you are providing an avenue for those that are truly interested in it.

blah, blah, blah
As part of the Friendly and Welcoming crew of the X-Plane forums, don't you (as part of "The Community") have some buildings to place at the airports in XPX? With about 30,000 of them sitting there empty, it leaves you with first dibs on a few thousand.

Good to know that Flight will have it's rightful place here.Fred.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.