Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Assigning middle lever on CH Yoke for reverse thrust

Is there someone who can help me how to assign the middle lever on a CH Yoke to reverse thrust in the NGX using FSUIPC?TIA,

Richard Åsberg

One way to do this in CH Manager if you don't already know abot it is to do it like this

Richard Åsberg

One way to do this in CH Manager if you don't already know abot it is to do it like this
Hi Richard. I also would like to know how to assign one of those levers to rev. thrust in FSUIPC. I had to uninstall the CH Control Manager because i just could not get my Pro Pedals to work properly with it. I kept losing my rudder and brakes. I would be taxiing and suddenly i was headed for the grass with no steering.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Richard. I also would like to know how to assign one of those levers to rev. thrust in FSUIPC. I had to uninstall the CH Control Manager because i just could not get my Pro Pedals to work properly with it. I kept losing my rudder and brakes. I would be taxiing and suddenly i was headed for the grass with no steering.Regards,
Sorry to hear you had problems with CH Manager. The way I have my CH yoke and pedals setup now is:All yoke axises (aileron, elevator, throttle) are setup in FSX. The rudder and left and right brakes are setup in FSUIPC. I had my pedals axises setup via FSX as well from start but after always having problems with the parking brake releasing by itself just by touching the pedals I decided to try to assign the brake axises via FSUIPC instead and that worked much better and I never had a problem with the parking brake releasing by itself when placing my feet on the pedals since moving these axises over to FSUIPC. Since I have the left and right axises assigned via FSUIPC I thought I could let FSUIPC manage the rudder axis as well and in that way I have all yoke axises assigned in FSX and all pedal axises in FSUIPC. This works really good for me.I'm a little bit tempted though to let FSUIPC handle all axises including the yoke axises and by doing this I might be able to get rid of CH Manager (not meant in a bad way since I never had any problems with CH Manager myself but like the idea of increasing the number of installed programs on my FSX computer) but yesterday when I did a testflight with the elevator, throttle and ailerons assigned in FSUIPC I experienced a CTD error on short final caused by g3d.dll and I haven't had a CTD in ages before this one so I figured this might have been caused by letting FSUIPC handle all axises since I couldn't come to think of anything else I changed to my setup. So...for that reason I went back letting FSX manage the yoke axises and now after 3 flights no problems at all so I think I'll stay with this. Of course it could have been a one-time-only CTD and not even caused by FSUIPC but I don't want to take my chances when I have a perfectly running FSX setup...I prefer flying rather than troubleshooting :( Edited by WebMaximus

Richard Åsberg

Sorry to hear you had problems with CH Manager. The way I have my CH yoke and pedals setup now is:All yoke axises (aileron, elevator, throttle) are setup in FSX. The rudder and left and right brakes are setup in FSUIPC. I had my pedals axises setup via FSX as well from start but after always having problems with the parking brake releasing by itself just by touching the pedals I decided to try to assign the brake axises via FSUIPC instead and that worked much better and I never had a problem with the parking brake releasing by itself when placing my feet on the pedals since moving these axises over to FSUIPC. Since I have the left and right axises assigned via FSUIPC I thought I could let FSUIPC manage the rudder axis as well and in that way I have all yoke axises assigned in FSX and all pedal axises in FSUIPC. This works really good for me.I'm a little bit tempted though to let FSUIPC handle all axises including the yoke axises and by doing this I might be able to get rid of CH Manager (not meant in a bad way since I never had any problems with CH Manager myself but like the idea of increasing the number of installed programs on my FSX computer) but yesterday when I did a testflight with the elevator, throttle and ailerons assigned in FSUIPC I experienced a CTD error on short final caused by g3d.dll and I haven't had a CTD in ages before this one so I figured this might have been caused by letting FSUIPC handle all axises since I couldn't come to think of anything else I changed to my setup. So...for that reason I went back letting FSX manage the yoke axises and now after 3 flights no problems at all so I think I'll stay with this. Of course it could have been a one-time-only CTD and not even caused by FSUIPC but I don't want to take my chances when I have a perfectly running FSX setup...I prefer flying rather than troubleshooting :(
Your theory being, if it aint broke don't fix it is one i agree with. Its just that for me it seemed broken. I will say though, that i find that there are more options in FSUIPC to adjust things like sensitvity (the "slope" adjustment for instance).Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Yes, all different settings available in FSUIPC are appealing and that was also what solved my problem with the brakes. What I haven't been able to understand though is how to make the prop lever act as a reverse thrust lever using FSUIPC but not a big deal anymore now that I decided to stay with CH Manager for my yoke after the CTD I experienced. If my memory serves I believe I also read in the PMDG doc that they suggest you shouldn't use FSUIPC for assigning axises with the NGX so maybe it's a good thing I only use FSUIPC for my brakes...

Richard Åsberg

So far (fingers crossed) i haven't had any issues using FSUIPC and NGX. Now if i could just find out how to get that rev. thrust on that yoke lever. :(

Rick Hobbs

go to FSUIPC Forums on simflight and Pete can help you directly on that but all you would need to do is set that middle lever has a reverse lever only on the axis tab.

Anthony Neumann