Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Which PC can run PMDG 737 NGX on FSX with FSDreamteam scenery and traffic at high FPS?

I am not going to build a super computer (I am more curious but may put $$$ to upgrading if there is a CPU option or something) but I was wondering what kind of FPS people get with their super rigs on here? Like in New York, with FS Dreamteam scenery, running the PMDG 737 NGX and traffic? Not asking for sliders to be maxed out but a good level.Any takers on this?Daniel

Build:Intel i7 2600k Asus P8Z68 ProCorsair Vengeance memory (8 GB)Cooler Master CPU cooler 950 watt Antec Power supply300 GB Velociraptor HDRadeon HD5870 Eyefinity 6 on a 23 in monitor with a 19in monitor on either side 8 0 GB SSD (for FS) but need a bigger oneSB XiFi ExtremeWas about 1400 bucks and I run the NGX with all my good payware airports very well. Locked at 30 fps - sometimes gets as low as about 15 but thats only if there are a lot of clouds.

Noah Bryant

Asus P8P67 DeluxeIntel Core i7 2700K8GB of Corsair RAMGTX580Corsair AX750Corsair Dominator Force GT SSD for FSXWD 1TB Caviar Black for OS and programs

With mine I get mid 20's around FTX YMML with FTX BLUE and the NGX. Also have REX on and my WoAI traffic is set to around 90-100% most of the time. Settings are usually around the high with ground textures at 7cm, complexity at eighty (whenever i typed the numerals mega_shok.gif would come up) , autogen at Dense and autogen complexity at very dense. And in comparison to other airports, FTX YMML paired with BLUE is a real resource hog.

Edited by VirginAus737

I am not going to build a super computer (I am more curious but may put $$$ to upgrading if there is a CPU option or something) but I was wondering what kind of FPS people get with their super rigs on here? Like in New York, with FS Dreamteam scenery, running the PMDG 737 NGX and traffic? Not asking for sliders to be maxed out but a good level.Any takers on this?Daniel
I'm kicking in about 30s at FSDT KJFK and NGX, just did a flight a while ago, and that was not with just few clouds. I am locked at 30 too.Mind you though, I have my AI disabled, as I fly VATSIM only, if someone's online, fine, if not, well... also fine :)But with some 35% traffic, I'd be looking at about 25fps I would guess.Sliders are quite high, most are max, some almost max (basically water, autogen and clouds are not maxed). Edited by Kosta

Reading with interest the set ups you guys use. Thanks for your time posting these. Because of your advice I have held back on buying a slower PC and saved up. Have a budget of £1000-£1100 to spend on a pc that can (cast iron Guaranteed) run NGX and Concorde X comfortably. If this budget is not enough I will wait as I don't want to put togethor a machine thatwill not do the job. Taking into account all the advice and opinions I am considering a machine from Chillbast (i5 over clocked with a GTX 570 and 16Gb Ram - 2 hard drives) this comes in at £1000.Or do I instead add the over clocked i7 2600K which would take me up to £1100. Later on in the year I would like to swap my hard drives for SSD . Also Is there a big difference betwwen the 570 gtx andthe 580 graphics cards in FSX? Just looking for steady frame rates before stunning visuals. Chill blast do a "superfortress" pc thats looks amazing but at £1399 is out of reach, do I save that, or do I need to if the above will do.Would appreciate any advice. Evan

Build your own. Or get someone to build it for you. It'll save you a LOT of money. You could get the i5 and a gtx 560 for around £600-650 if you built it.

Not got the expertise to build my own, nearest shop was charging £780 to build a lesser model. I just like the idea of warrantly and support with a bigger company, although I think you are right if I could find somewhere to build it for me. I just want to know if the i5 and GTX 570 will run things ok or is the i7 and GTX 580 worth waiting for. Thanks for any advice. Evan

i5 and GTX570 is going to run almost as good as i7+GTX580. Almost I mean very very near.You could get i7+GTX580 if you build yourself for that money. It's actually easier than you think and with all the help here on the forums, it couldn't be easier.But if you let someone build, be sure you make the choice of components (with a bit of our help).

Edited by Kosta

Thanks Word Not Allowed, will go with the i5, have spent two weeks dithering over this. The company also offer a fsx install service at £60 to maximise setting etc. In your opinion is this worthwhileor would I be better just asking questions on the forum? Thanks for your help

The company also offer a fsx install service at £60 to maximise setting etc. In your opinion is this worthwhileor would I be better just asking questions on the forum? Thanks for your help
No, that's not that money worth. Just let them setup you your computer and overclock if possible! Make sure you get a good cooler (I suggest you open a thread with data you are planing to buy and ask in the forum if it's good - many buy like that). You will then get suggestions what's good and what could be better.Tweaking FSX is best over forums, it takes a bit time to get it optimally running, but anyone claiming that he can do it just like that is either a really really major pro who has read hundreds of threads and all that (ala NickN, guys like us here etc), or he is just "selling" - know what I mean?You need well set up hardware, rest you should do here. Including Windows 7 install. Nothing better than clean W7 install with all the drivers and a cleanly installed chipset driver.

Thanks Word Not Allowed I will let them set up the computer (before doing so I will start a new thread) then I will politely pester you guys on the forum. One day I can hopefullypass on the good will and be in a position to contribute to the forum.. thanks for your time.

Thanks to those that took the time to post. I have been reading! Daniel

Not got the expertise to build my own, nearest shop was charging £780 to build a lesser model. I just like the idea of warrantly and support with a bigger company, although I think you are right if I could find somewhere to build it for me.I just want to know if the i5 and GTX 570 will run things ok or is the i7 and GTX 580 worth waiting for. Thanks for any advice. Evan
£780?! Please tell me that's including parts.