Sign in to follow this  
eSimmer

Wake me up when "you" have something new to report frm MS

I'll be ignoring this particular forum, post this post: this forum is awash in "isms".There's optimism, pessimisim, doomism, gloomism, pollyannism:just a boat load of "isms", with no concrete evidence for even a blush "yeahism", FOR the purists.There are arguments pro con, stoning, and a touch what seems to be tangible dislike of "the other" in here.I have been reading this forum for years, longer than some of the "long term members": did not read it that much,but I would from time to time. Yes I remember the "fights" some of you had but, there is somethingfundamentally different this time around.What a few here have not yet realized is that we are at THE crossroads.Good luck: I really hope every side gets what it wants Flight to become.Maybe flight will eventually be able to satisfy everyone. In the mean time, I'm not waiting around.I'll be in the other forums.

I'm leaning that way myself. I went over to the Flight Facebook page and this place is like an MS heaven compared to the drubbing going on over their. If they are not getting, or care not to get, some kind of a message from that, it is never going to happen period, They clearly do not need our input to get the drift.Bob

You folks need to reread Tom's earlier message in his history and perspective post...We are NOT their target market, so get use to it...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

We might not be their target market but the Internet is awash with negativity from this community regarding Flight.Most of this is only speculation based on the existing material released by Microsoft so far, but I believe that gamers and reviewers are going to see and become influenced by all the ranting, resulting in a PR disaster.If Flight is more than just a game (which I haven't given up on yet), then MS need to let us know.

I do not imagine they are ramping up with anymore missions to collect tokens. I would guess they are getting the message, go hardcore or stay home. Add on's will be geared towards what the masses ask, and what are they asking?

Edited by drumsonly2002

Add on's will be geared towards what the masses ask, and what are they asking?
Seems you think we here are the masses... I thought by know it would be clear we aren't. :(

Guest jahman
Most of this is only speculation based on the existing material released by Microsoft so far
The speculation is 100% MS's doing. They could stop the speculation dead in its tracks by releasing reliable information as to what Flight will, or will not be, and when.Cheers,- jahman.

The speculation is 100% MS's doing. They could stop the speculation dead in its tracks by releasing reliable information as to what Flight will, or will not be, and when.Cheers,- jahman.
Think they kinda have...they may incorporate some decent add-on scenery areas, but not sure if they will add larger jets, but maybe not too the realism feature-wise that some enthusiasts want. I would be happy with some upgraded features that I have seen, I like the cloud shadows in the vc for example, with some airliners etc and some airports to fly to and from and I would be ok. I don't need ultra-realism, just something that takes advantage of some new tech over FSX and allows us to play with airliners:)

Simon

Should Microsoft have released "reliable information to what Flight will, or will not be, and when" the day it announced Flight? Speculation started that da, and has got worse ever since. Edited by mgh

Guest jahman
Should Microsoft have released "reliable information to what Flight will, or will not be, and when" the day it announced Flight? Speculation started that da, and has got worse ever since.
Yes, it absolutely should have. Like it or not, after a couple decades MS flight simming garnered a following (a "franchise" I believe it's called), that needs to be kept informed via timely, reliable and informative press releases. Otherwise there's the rumour mill. "Nature abhors a vacuum" comes to mind...Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Let's be realistic.How could Microsioft have had "reliable information to what Flight will, or will not be, and when" at that time when it announced Flight's development?

Guest jahman
Let's be realistic.How could Microsioft have had "reliable information to what Flight will, or will not be, and when" at that time when it announced Flight's development?
You mean all the folks that:
  1. Develop a business plan,
  2. Decide on functionality,
  3. Write the code,
  4. Beta test, and finally
  5. Ship the product

have got it backwards? Please...Cheers,- jahman.

Edited by jahman

How could Microsioft have had "reliable information to what Flight will, or will not be, and when" at that time when it announced Flight's development?
I'm sure MS wasn't "winging it" when it got started with Flight. Before development started they knew exactly where they were going, anything less than that is disasterous in coding on that scale. However, some 'armchair quarterbacks' think MS should be forthcoming on what they are (or are not) doing with Flight. There has to be a certain day when we know if Flight will be what each of us want it to be. Neither yesterday nor today was that day. Maybe tomorrow. The point is, MS is the one in the best position to decide when to 'spill the beans'. They have been curiously tight-lipped through today, but rest assured, each of us will be answered when it's time according to MS.Opening a present is a lot more exciting when you don't know what's in the package.------Side note: Where the heck is the iPhone 5? I've had every iteration since the original and Apple won't tell me! Edited by Rush1169

Guest jahman
some 'armchair quarterbacks' think MS should be forthcoming on what they are (or are not) doing with Flight.
You're new to the forum, perhaps even to simming.When you spend thousands (litteraly) on a dedicated PC + simming hardware + aircraft + scenery add-ons, well then simming's no longer a game but a hobby. Mind, you spend all the money and time on the hobby gleefully, expecting the franchise you are familiar with over the last years or decades will continue.So perhaps "quarterbacking" isn't the right choice of words.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.