Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

2012 Practice Thread #3

Excellent Practice Session Gentlemen.REMINDER to Pilots & Wingman, You need to post your Duenna Log File in addition to the Duenna jpg.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Very nice!It's not your flying, the P-51H is just so much faster.
Figured so. Tried it again a little higher but it didn't make much difference. Guess I'll have to get the Mustang then. :) Edited by Lowflyer

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Congratulations LowFlyer , A very nice flight . :) The Mustang is Nice :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Wasn't much of an achievement really but at least everything seems to work. :)About the Mustang... There are currently two versions available for the same price at A2A. The one Eamonn linked to in the other thread which seems to be for FS9 only, and a WoP2 one which is for both FS9 and FSX but doesn't seem to have the H version. Is it a big deal to lose the H version given it's expected limited use in the race?

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

The P51-H is one of the fastest race planes available. It is significantly quicker than the D. However, there is a freeware competitor to the P51-H and that is the Do-335. It is just as fast but does not have quite the same range. You might want to save some money and try this plane out. I don't have a download link handy but I think it is on simviation.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

About the Mustang... There are currently two versions available for the same price at A2A. The one Eamonn linked to in the other thread which seems to be for FS9 only, and a WoP2 one which is for both FS9 and FSX but doesn't seem to have the H version. Is it a big deal to lose the H version given it's expected limited use in the race?
Go for the one in Eamonns link . It runs perfectly in FSX :) And has both D and H versions . Welcome to the team .

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Tought choice. I want the best possible model, which should be the WoP2, and for anything but the race I couldn't care less about the H version. Still don't wanna let the team down by showing up in an underpowered plane. Also, there's an accusim upgrade in the works. Does anyone know if that's for the WoP2 or if there's a WoP3 on the way as well?Oh and sorry for bugging you all about this :(

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

The accusim update will be for a completely new WoP3 version of the P-51D. Don't worry about not having the H, not all of us have it (like me), and since we can't fly it all the time anyway it doesn't really matter.The P-51D, F7F, P-38L and Epic LT have about the same speed, though they have different optimal cruise altitudes. The WoP2 P-51D is a nice plane, but of course the new one with accusim will be even nicer, but maybe not as fast, with the engine blowing up and all ;)The Avanti is a bit faster, and can (must?) cruise way higher than the others.Edit: edited to have the sentences say what I was thinking.

Oh and sorry for bugging you all about this
Can't be bugging "us" if you're talking about aircraft. :wink:The FS9 D/H model I bought specifically for the race years ago. It holds a specially place with me because of so many great flights with it my first race. Not everything works (some inconsequential switches) and you can see a bit of land around each screw in the VC panel... but that is something that I really pay no mind to. I "love" its looks, sounds, handling characteristics.... just a fabulous plane. Only "problem" with it is you can use WEP continously, and for that reason it might not be allowed this year (tho that has been talked about for some years now).I also have the FSX P-51D Snooks... great plane and glad I have it.All that said... I reckon if I wanted just one P-51, I'd wait for the Accusim "D"... if I didn't care about spending $20 / $40, I'd buy one or both.

Best possible P-51 model, I would recommend waiting for the Accusim WoP3 version of the P-51 rather than purchasing either of the other two offerings.Here's the link to the freeware Do-335.http://simviation.com/fsxvintage1.htmIf you add that to your hanger you won't have to worry about showing up with an underpowered aircraft.

26aLetj.png

Well, I guess I am the kind of guy who would be annoyed with seeing a bit of land behind each screw in the VC so the WoP2 is probably the way to go for now. They're almost the same price anyway and good value. As for the WoP3+Accusim I think I'll go for the Spitfire instead. Will check out that Dornier too. :)The Piaggio is a big no-no though.The shape reminds me too much of the Rutan Long-EZ, which my first flight instructor described as "how to design a plane so that one property gets better and every other gets worse". Me, I can learn to live with the flight characteristics but not the looks.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Well, I guess I am the kind of guy who would be annoyed with seeing a bit of land behind each screw in the VC
Maybe a picture is in order... should have posted one anyway so you could see what I mean... not that I am trying to change your mind as I think you have a good plan.Every plane has it's quirks... some more than others. I guess I am the type that can overlook a minor flaw (particularly in this case as it was meant for FS9) in this level of "simulation"... especially when so much enjoyment is to be had. Now if I was paying say $5000 for a one week Baron transition course... probably not so much. :)
which my first flight instructor described as "how to design a plane so that one property gets better and every other gets worse"
I have to say... in all my year of aviation, this is the first time I have heard anyone be that critical of Rutan or of his designs. I wonder what your instructor meant by that...

LOL you dont have to look at it. :)
Well, it's not just that. It's also that I have very little interest in modern airplanes when it comes to flightsims. That's why the A2A B377 flies around the world while the PMDG planes are gathering virtual dust on my harddrive. They're great models in every way, and to me only slightly more exciting than watching my hair grow.
Maybe a picture is in order... should have posted one anyway so you could see what I mean... not that I am trying to change your mind as I think you have a good plan.Every plane has it's quirks... some more than others. I guess I am the type that can overlook a minor flaw (particularly in this case as it was meant for FS9) in this level of "simulation"... especially when so much enjoyment is to be had. Now if I was paying say $5000 for a one week Baron transition course... probably not so much. :)
Thanks Rob, but in the end I went for the WoP2 anyway. Maybe it's just me but I couldn't bring myself to paying more (very little more I admit) for an older model that hasn't been properly converted.
I have to say... in all my year of aviation, this is the first time I have heard anyone be that critical of Rutan or of his designs. I wonder what your instructor meant by that...
I'll ask him some day but I'm sure he didn't mean it as criticism towards mr Rutan personally. He just didn't like that particular plane.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg