Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Airbus A300 flaps question

Hi. Can anyone kindly tell me (or show me, if you can find a picture!) what the flaps control in the a300 cockpit looks like?Do pilots call out "Flaps 1 ... Flaps 2 .... Flaps 3 ...." as with other Airbus? And does the pilots' flap control show the flap positions (1,2,3,4) or the degrees of slats/flaps (latter, 0,8,15,22,40)? I am thinking the latter - so the pilots call out the angle of flaps rather than 1, (1+F),2,3,4, as with other Airbus, but the only picture I have found shows flaps levers with no markings at all as far as I can see:http://www.flightfor...ead.php?t=84803Or am I totally confused here??Thanks!Martin

Edited by martinlest2

Sorry no pics but take off flap settings are 15 or 20 if the runway is contaminated.You will also often see flap zero take off's to increase climb gradient. The only heavy I know off that is capable of doing that.Conf 1+F etc is only used on the A3xxRegards

Rob Prest

I still drop my jaw whenever I watch a video of a 300 taking off at Flap zero, it seems really cool to me. Looking at those pics really makes you realise how far these "tin cans" have developed in the past years, truly astounding.

Thank you for the replies: yes, I learned a lot about the a300/310 (love that aircraft!) whilst trying to find a photo - Krueger flaps, flaps at zero on takeoff and so forth.Thanks especially for the links Ed. Having looked further on that site (now bookmarked!), I think that the early A300B4 has flaps up to 25o, as in the photo you indicated: only the later A300B4-600 series (a300-600), and a310s. go all the way up to 40o. That's new to me as well.Martin

Edited by martinlest2