Sign in to follow this  
dusty_sourdough

G500 clickspot

Thank you Bert.I knew I did not go crazy.Thank you for letting me know and for reporting thisto Carenado. Now, let us hope they fix this.

For the folks loosing the G500 VC clickspot (as it seems from the above posts, it's a known bug with the RXP model file), try this.Open the panel.cfg (backup first!)Go to [Vcockpit05]add gauge02=PA46T!ToggleCARG500, 50,0,668,150This will give a VC clickspot on the top of the G500.Since you are using the RXP model file, the ADF also stays usable.

Nice! That works, although on my system, only when I click on the upper rim of the G500,not on the screen itself..Which can be fixed by removing the clickspots in the gauge itself which are there in errorand attempt to popup window 563 which does not exist... Search for "563".An updated gauge mod is available from me on request..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Yes, with your new V33 mod the thing works better, Bert. Well done again. Without it, the area around that GARMIN sign is the one to aim for, upper rim, as you say.So now I've tweaked the plane, installed all mods, edited the RXP config, adjusted the G500 to my liking. Seems I can fly now. :(Yes, I'm voting for Carenado to get rid of the remaining and well known bugs on every release, which will render them to be a top notch dev.

For the folks looking for a larger clickspot now (only works when you have Bert's V33 mod installed!), editGo to [Vcockpit05]add gauge02=PA46T!ToggleCARG500, 50,0,668,150and make that a 420. So the clickspot area gets spread across the G500 screen some more. This didn't work well without Bert's mod, now it does. Don't worry, it stops right before the other clickspots for the VC knobs of the G500 start. Closing the popup only works on the upper rim though.

Actually, if you also edit Window00, you can click anywhere on the screen to close the panel:

[Window00]...gauge02=PA46T!ToggleCARG500,  [img=http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif],0,864,800
Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert