Sign in to follow this  
FredrikHj

Tablet to FSX and 737ngx

HiCan I use a Android tablet for fsx and 737ngx for the use of its touch screen like you can do with a iPad?Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

I don't think a Tablet has the capability/power to run FSX. I'd just stick with a PC.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

HiI mean extend the desktop to the tablet and use the tablets touchscreen!?What about iPad?Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

I think I remember reading around here it could be done. But not too sure about that because of the business with the SDK. But the iPad won't work. Microsoft/FSX/Apple are not compatiable (spelling?) unless the software is specifically designed for it.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I have done this recently with my iPad after reading about it here in the forums and the results are very pleasing. I purchased an app called Air Display (universal app, $10 at the app store) and installed a little server app on my PC (very lightweight btw. CPU utilisation was shown as 0% in the task manager and the memory footprint is tiny).It effectively creates a multi monitor setup that works just as it would if you added a touchscreen monitor to your rig. I use it for Aivlasoft's EFB which has a handy touchscreen friendly setting. There shouldn't be anything stopping you from undocking the FMC and pulling it onto the iPad but I haven't tried that yet. The one caveat to all this is that you need to run FSX in windowed mode. Also you will need to uncheck "pause on task switch" in the FSX settings.Hope this helps.

HiI mean extend the desktop to the tablet and use the tablets touchscreen!?What about iPad?Best Fredrik
It works great here on the iPad - I have EFB on it. There is a pic on some forum here of it (I think in the main FSX forum where I talk about my satisfaction with FSX).

It actually depends on what exactly it is that you want to do with it. For instance if what you are looking for is a way to check the progress of your flight and perform basic actions while away you can use a remote desktop app like LogMeIn. I used it the other day from the gym while my 738 was enroute to Bodo, Norway from Kos, Greece on a 5+ hour flight. Logged in from my iphone, I switched off the center fuel pumps, made a step climb to 40000ft and enabled the "pause at top of decent" option which I had forgotten to enable before leaving home just in case I wouldn't be there on time... While it can't provide you with a cdu interface it can be useful if you don't generally spend every minute of a long flight in front of the pc -or even at home! ;)

It works great here on the iPad - I have EFB on it. There is a pic on some forum here of it (I think in the main FSX forum where I talk about my satisfaction with FSX).
HiDo you know if the function is working in a tablet as good as in a iPad?Best Fredrik

HiDo you know if the function is working in a tablet as good as in a iPad?Best Fredrik
This is not a function of a tablet. It's an app called airdisplay which is installed on both computer and ipad, and then they connect over wlan.

HiSe this: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/359228-asus-transformer-prime/page__fromsearch__1 look at the film clip!Can I do this in Android tablet with iDisplay or is the Airdisplay in a aPad better for this?Best Fredrik

This is not a function of a tablet. It's an app called airdisplay which is installed on both computer and ipad, and then they connect over wlan.
HiI think you have great knowledge in FSX so please tell me thise bellow:Can I perform as you can do with iPad (Airdisplay) but in a tab instead with Android (iDisplay)?I am sure I can do it but I have the principle to ask more than once about it to be completely safe//Best Fredrik

Airdisplay... Interesting! Is it possible to run the CDU on the ipad and then use the touch screen to enter data?CheersLuc

Luc Voeltzel LSGG