Sign in to follow this  
TedG

Something Quite Interesting For XP9.7/XPX

Tracker XP from the good folks at STMA:http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=56259I'll be checking out the demo myself once I dig up my old webcam I bought and never used.I never wanted Track IR as I'm not interested in wearing additional stuff on my head aside from my headset/mic (yes I know they now have something that clips to the headset now!) and this seems quite a budget friendly alternative presuming it works as advertised.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

Tracker XP from the good folks at STMA:http://forums.x-plan...showtopic=56259I'll be checking out the demo myself once I dig up my old webcam I bought and never used.I never wanted Track IR as I'm not interested in wearing additional stuff on my head aside from my headset/mic (yes I know they now have something that clips to the headset now!) and this seems quite a budget friendly alternative presuming it works as advertised.It does, quite well I mihgt add.

Tracker XP from the good folks at STMA:http://forums.x-plan...showtopic=56259I'll be checking out the demo myself once I dig up my old webcam I bought and never used.I never wanted Track IR as I'm not interested in wearing additional stuff on my head aside from my headset/mic (yes I know they now have something that clips to the headset now!) and this seems quite a budget friendly alternative presuming it works as advertised.
Yea I wear a hat on top of everything, sometimes it gets a little uncomfortable... but for me I can't stand not using it now. Let us know how the camera tracker works for you.

Tyson Rose

but for me I can't stand not using it now
Agree 100%, it's a must have in multi-monitor set-ups. I sometimes use the hat, also have the TrackClip Pro, it works great.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Purchased and tried various settings with TrackerXP. After eliminating a sweatshirt and finding some settings that work for me, I can recommend the plugin. I wear glasses, my room is usually not totally lit up when flying X-Plane, and it still works. There is an occasional "jump" in the view, but I am sure that playing around with it for some more time and getting used to it I will be able to get rid of those. Onyl downside for now, but according to Bob to be adressed in the next update, is that you can not calibrate the view. You e.g. have to move the iMac or Cinema Display around in order to place your face right in the middle of the cameras view. Other than that everybody without TrackIR or anything alike should at least give the demo a try.