Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Ooops!

Can u imagine..? you'd absoloutly s**t yourself!

Chris Howard

I was on a Continental flight where the same thing happened over the Atlantic... My first thought was not to sh*t myself but to react rather skeptically and wait for a follow up announcement from the flight deck... Sure enough, head purser came on 10 seconds later explained they were doing some training on the automated announcement system and apologized, I sighed and went back to bed... I am just waiting for the lawsuits about permanent trauma!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I was on an ANA flight direct from Narita to Washington Dulles. I was a normal departure and life was good... on my way home!!! Drinks and meal were served and then I happily took a nap. I woke up to find that the little monitor that shows flight progress over a map, was showing that we were heading back to Japan. I called over an attendent and said to her that I thought their map might be broke. She looked at me, turned red, and said "we are heading back to Narita and I didn't want to disturb you"... I asked the obvious question; why? Her response; "well, we lost an engine"...This was 747-400 so I wasn't too concerned about an engine, but the way she responded caused me to think that thing had actually fell off. She quickly realized the use of the word "lost" might not be correct, so she apologised and said; "the captain shut the engine down because of warnings".Had that a/c been a T7 and not a 74, I think I would have probably filled my drawers.The story after returning to Narita is even more enlightening... However, I will save that for another day. :(

The story after returning to Narita is even more enlightening... However, I will save that for another day.
Let's make another day today! Carpe Diem and all that. :(

Let's make another day today! Carpe Diem and all that. :(
I will just give a summary... apparently, the Japanese immigration folk at the time had no procedure to account for a non-Japanese who has left the country, never went anywhere and suddenly shows up back in the immigration que. We stood, slept, and hunkered down for 4 or so hours before someone figured out how to let us back into the country. Keep in mind that now resulted in a ~18 hour day and we had no progress to show for it. I finally made it to my hotel around midnight.

I will just give a summary... apparently, the Japanese immigration folk at the time had no procedure to account for a non-Japanese who has left the country, never went anywhere and suddenly shows up back in the immigration que. We stood, slept, and hunkered down for 4 or so hours before someone figured out how to let us back into the country. Keep in mind that now resulted in a ~18 hour day and we had no progress to show for it. I finally made it to my hotel around midnight.
Ugh, you would think a major airport like Narita would have a procedure in place for something like that.