Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

NGX Wiper Sound volume Increase

Below guys is the download in which I have only just amplified the wiper sound in the NGX the original sound is spot on but just needed alittle bit more volume so you can hear it over those beautiful engines..Anyway readme is included.. Remember to back up first. and also this may not be for you but just though id share as i have been asked by a few users to do this...http://www.mediafire.com/?yhbuhkhbi7yeoab

Below guys is the download in which I have only just amplified the wiper sound in the NGX the original sound is spot on but just needed alittle bit more volume so you can hear it over those beautiful engines..Anyway readme is included.. Remember to back up first. and also this may not be for you but just though id share as i have been asked by a few users to do this...http://www.mediafire...yhbuhkhbi7yeoab
PMSL Ignore the spelling mistake on the download link, blum.gif

They work great plus the new ground roll, all goes together well, thanks mate.

which groundrool are you using and where can I get it Sir?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

which groundrool are you using and where can I get it Sir?
** Final Version of the Groundroll sound / Nosewheel sound / Reverse Thrust Enhancement **Right guys am hanging up my coat on this now. This is the final version of the groundroll taxi sound that can be heard whilst taxing, i have made this sound as real as possible and also now feels more real with depth and not so many thumps which did sound repetative. It can be heard from the wing views more than the cockpit which i feel is more realistic guys. "Remember this sound is for the back wheels not the front" That one still remains the most up to datehttp://www.mediafire...d4qs81oygqmu0zk - - Groundroll Sound (Taxi roll ).http://www.mediafire...tdkhickmdfqwrb2 - - Nosewheel Groundroll (Front).http://www.mediafire...tvzf0tm7s2tnxtt - - Reverse Thrust Enhancement. All i did here is just add deep bass to the original PMDG SOUND.** AES USERS JUST RENAME THE AES_RWLamp & AES_RWLamp_altn TO SOMETHING LIKE .ORG this will stop them from playing at scenery that supports AES.These can be located in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Aerosoft / AES / Sound folder / near the bottom i think...PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS BACK UP EVERYTHING.Thats it guys i'm done with these sounds now so enjoy and speak soon ..

I wonder if it's possible to replace the autopilot disconnect sound with that of the PMDG MD-11?...

Andrew Thomas

I wonder if it's possible to replace the autopilot disconnect sound with that of the PMDG MD-11?...
I don't have that plane installed m8. why do you think the NGX one is incorrect or something .. ?I personally think it's pretty accurate from what i've heard m8...Personal opinion though ..

It's not that it's not accurate, I just like the sound, and the added "autopilot" callout.Do you know what folder the autopilot sound is located?

Andrew Thomas

It's not that it's not accurate, I just like the sound, and the added "autopilot" callout.Do you know what folder the autopilot sound is located?
You would have to speak with either PMDG or someone in hear in regards to where the auto pilot sound is for the MD 11 but as for the autopilot sound in the NGX it is here...Programme Files x86 / Microsoft Games / Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Sound / PMDG / 737NGX / CAWS. It is the first Two m8

If you do track it down all you will need to do is make a copy of the MD11 autopilot and right click it rename it to the NGX making a back up of the NGX one just incase and drop in the newly renamed one and bobs your uncle and your know the rest !

** AES USERS JUST RENAME THE AES_RWLamp & AES_RWLamp_altn TO SOMETHING LIKE .ORG this will stop them from playing at scenery that supports AES.
You mean that this is going to stop loud bumping sound when entering or exiting the rwy?If you like enhansing sounds for NGX. You can change the GPWS sounds as well, because the original sounds are a bit unrealistic. They don't have surround effect. Compare any video of real landing and NGX landing. I like the engine sounds, but cockpit environment sounds aren't perfect to be honest) Edited by FCOM

I never offered my sound mods but have hundreds. The only ones I've made available are for the AES pushback vehicle. I always thought that was in violation of the Eula?

@ Andrew, your question has already been answered, but to take it a small step further. You can edit every sound to anything. I have a full AI suite that I could never share though since it's every antique AI sound set that ever came out, just done with much better soundcones (and sounds). I really get into my paints sometimes, I prefer what I find fun to do over realism any day of the week. My GPWS call outs for my Guinness paint is:1000' = A beer can being opened500' = chugging100' = more chugging and gurglingthen some belches ending with Homer J and a couple short words.My newer fun sets are Family guy and Cpt.Quagmire. Anyway, yeah, you can edit like crazy, but you'll need to have software you can edit with and be sure to save the file in the correct format. I think I've edited the sounds in every addon I've ever owned. It's a hobby in itself.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier