Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

The Stock Radar -- Does It Work ?

Hello All --- long time Carenado customer and have always had just one big frustration. The stock weather radar.It has never worked for me. In many cases, I use the RXP WX500 radar which is nicely functional.Has the radar which comes installed in the PA46T been modified to functionality similar to the WX500?There is little talk about it that I can find.Best Regards -- Beautiful job on the PA46TBob :(

It seems to me to work about like the radar in the Carenado Caravan and C340, spotty at best. It does not seem to work as well as the RXP WX500. Just my perception having both radars available to compare. I would now like to open the floor for comments about how weather radar is impossible to simulate in FSX anyway - I know they're coming!

Hello,my stock Carenado WX doesn´t seem to work either, but usually I refit them with the RXP WX500 ... but unfortunately it is not possible here, getting an ugly white overlay over the RXP radar screen. Has anyone tried it too?

Edited by andy1975

Thanks Gents for the replys.I was afraid of that and I just do not understand why Carenado does not come up with a functional radar at least on the par with the WX500 which is "old" technology and works nicely in conjunction with FSX actually using FSX weather data to develop its display.I was looking forward to the C90 but if they do not at least provide an plug-n-play option for WX500 in that plane, I won't buy that one either.The other factoid that confounds many, and may be a big part of the problem others are complaining about in terms of interaction between the Carenado (FSX) and the RXP nav systems, is that the two system use a DIFFERENT geographic database (map model). The two are not compatible -- I found this out the hard way, then confirmed it, when working with an earlier plane and was fortunate that RXP allowed me to return their units.Anyway, good luck. Unfortunately, I won't be buying any more Carenado planes until these long-standing issues are fixed.Thanks --- Bob

Edited by apollomaker

The G500 uses the FSX navigation database..The RXP gauges use the Garmin database, same as the actual RW unit.That is kind of - what it is... is unlikely to change.. :(

Bert