Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

NGX video - landing in St. Maarten

Hi,I thought I'd share a new video of mine with you. A landing in the PMDG 737-800WL NGX, in St. Maarten RWY 10. VORDME approach. REX OverDrive water animation was the REX OverDrive "Orderly" theme. All my hardware specs can be found right here in my signature. I also just ordered my new EVGA GTX 560TI-448. Hope you like my video!I get around 30 fps normally. But when using fraps the fps frop to around 18-20, and also causes many stutters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz8sili7RIw

Edited by arjenfsx

Very nice, Arjen. Maybe next time how's about taking a left about 20 miles south of that approach, and do a video landing the NGX at SABA! :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hey Arjen,How do you get your reversers to kick in before the nosewheel hits? Mine won't do it. Also, I see the flattop has finally sailed.Nice vid. Thanks

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

very nice laning enjoyed the video like a pro. not KLM if you remember

Hey Arjen,How do you get your reversers to kick in before the nosewheel hits? Mine won't do it. Also, I see the flattop has finally sailed.Nice vid. Thanks
I have set my reverse button of my Saitek throttle quadrant to the "throttle decrease quicky" option in FSX. I also put the repeat bar next to it entirely to the right. In this way, you can engage reverse thrust faster.Thanks for all your comments guys! I think landing was OK, but it could have been a little softer imo! :)

I'm curious as well. On the majority of the videos I've seen, everyone seems to get instant reverse on touchdown with the main gears, and I never never could!I have the latest service pack, and I have the F2 keyboard command mapped to a button on my CH Pro Throttle USB. I thought that PMDG had programmed the reverse to only engage once the N1 is at full ground idle, which takes about 3-4 seconds after main gear touchdown, and that there was no way to engage it any sooner. The hardware throttle is calibrated correctly, using FSX's controls not FSUIPC. And there is a sufficient null zone at the bottom of the travel, so that I get true idle conditions when the thottle is at the bottom stop.This issue with reverse is driving me nuts, it's the only glitch I can think of that exists in my NGX. It's so bad, half the time I don't even bother engaging reverse, since I'm at 100 kts by the time its available and its too late.For realism sake, it's not the end of the world, as most of the airports I fly to are busy hubs with noise abatement procedures in place that prohibit anything more than idle reverse, so I just pretend it's idle reverse for now.I really would like to fix this problem on my end, if it is indeed a problem.

Nice video!!What water is that...is that from rex?
Before asking questions, read my original post, because the answer to your question is in there! :)

I also have a 560TI, but running on a phenom II 955. What resolution are you running at? I can't get 30 FPS consistently.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I also have a 560TI, but running on a phenom II 955. What resolution are you running at? I can't get 30 FPS consistently.
In this video I used a GT 320 1024 MB. Bad graphics card, I ordered my GTX 560TI-448 and I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow. The reason for my FPS (around 25-30) is my CPU. I have the i5 2500K running at 4.5 GHz. WHat FSX likes, is CPU's that run at very high clockspeeds. If you want to invest in a good CPU, buy the i5 2500K with a good aftermarket cooler, and overclock it. Graphics card will make a difference, but not as much as a good CPU. Also, remember that some settings in FSX can well reduce fps. I have water set to LOW 2X (MAX2X will reduce FPS a lot even when not flying near water), don't use light bloom either, and don't use too high AI traffic settings. The best thing to increase fps is running Bojote's tweaking. This tweaking tool will automaticly tweak your FSX.cfg to the optimum settings. After you did this, simply place it inside C:Users/Your Name/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX. The tweaking tool can be found here: www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Very nice to look at and a perfect landing!Thanks for sharing

Chris Howard