Sign in to follow this  
dano291

no vpeeds indicating among other things!

All of a sudden after programing the fmc i get "No V speeds" showing up on my display. Never had this happen before I dont know if i changed someyhong not knowing it or...who knows. But know since that happenedmy localizer diamonds never show up no matter how close i am to the airport....Im sure its from a differant problem but it seems to have happened all at once oh and my Vnav wont engage now either. Everythingwas working great then bam! I did download the latest updates but even after that I had no problem. Help Im losing altitude and attitude.

After confirming speeds did you press exec?Also note that if you went from a pre-sp1 version before updating then your saves and options.ini's are not compatible

Edited by MrKen

After confirming speeds did you press exec?Also note that if you went from a pre-sp1 version before updating then your saves and options.ini's are not compatible
well after i loaded sp1b everything was fine then it just started going bonkers
well after i loaded sp1b everything was fine then it just started going bonkers
You know stupid me ill have to double check that but i belive i did, i did notice when i decided to use a SID i got a message all speeds have been deleted but i went back and brought them up again by the way what does the message " no vref selected " mean?

"No vref selected" on approach means that you didnt select the flap setting for your approach on the INIT REF page. I would very highly recommend you to fly the tutorial, and then in every subsequent flight always follow the provided checklists. I mean for every single phase of your flight you follow the checklist like a bureaucrat. They were designed so that it would be impossible for pilots to forget a step

Edited by Sekstifire

Vspeeds before take-off are deleted when one of the factors that effect them change. With SID selection, the aircraft loaded the runway to be used for take-off, and flushed the speeds. Same would happen if you changed the flap settings, runway wind, or so.Vref is the landing reference speed, to be selected on approach init page. Just press the INIT REF key before approach and select.

OK guys this is really strange...I was trying a flight from KGEG to KSEA (Spokane Wa. to Seattle) when all this stuff started happening. So I setup a flight from Seattle to portland and everything worked perfect... Vnav the V speeds and I even did an auto landing.I guess Ill stay away from Spokane because something somewhere has a glitch..could be operater error but it just seems VERY strange. I also did fine from KSMF to KSFO.